Having to expand posts in the new Forum

I hate the feature that forces me to click to expand in order to see an entire post. Wasted effort. So much easier to just scroll if needed for a long post. It is really, really annoying if I am going back and looking for a post I want to check again and if there are images I can't see them properly unless I expand each one. Am I missing some setting that would let me eliminate all need to expand?

Paulette

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I hate the feature that forces me to click to expand in order to see an entire post. Wasted effort. So much easier to just scroll if needed for a long post. It is really, really annoying if I am going back and looking for a post I want to check again and if there are images I can't see them properly unless I expand each one. Am I missing some setting that would let me eliminate all need to expand?

Paulette

I can live with the expand option, what I find a pain is the missing edit. They could at least have left it active for a short time after posting to make any corrections. Quite a few forums I use give that option. 

I actually don't mind the expand feature as it keeps the chain of posts more compact and manageable. I do miss the Edit button (or whatever it was), but I figured out the three dots fairly quickly. Curiously, it seems that not all posted images need to be expanded. Or perhaps I'm missing something too...

• Love 1

Yeh, there were times when a few of the images were linked and there was hardly any room for dialogue. I suppose the three dots takes up a little less space as well, but I don't really see much advantage. It wasn't broke so why fix?

What did unsettle was the system demanded I log in with ID and password. I did that meticulously and it said I was wrong. Checked it and was 100% sure I had it right. It then blocked me and reported via email that someone in Pebmarsh Essex had been trying to access my account. It all went away the next day. I don't know anyone in Pebmarsh (photographers or otherwise) but it's not that far away. Strange!

22 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

Yeh, there were times when a few of the images were linked and there was hardly any room for dialogue. I suppose the three dots takes up a little less space as well, but I don't really see much advantage. It wasn't broke so why fix?

What did unsettle was the system demanded I log in with ID and password. I did that meticulously and it said I was wrong. Checked it and was 100% sure I had it right. It then blocked me and reported via email that someone in Pebmarsh Essex had been trying to access my account. It all went away the next day. I don't know anyone in Pebmarsh (photographers or otherwise) but it's not that far away. Strange!

this happened on the change day for me, but the lockout was only temporary. by the time i actually read the email, i was already back in.

6 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

As always, Marshall McLuhan had an answer:

"If it works, it's obsolete."

4 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Marshall McLuhan took a course or two from my Dad at Queens. He certainly didn't learn anything like that from him 

That's interesting to hear. McLuhan remains my favourite media prophet.

When I was a student at McGill, I went to a few football games at Queens. Can't remember a thing about them. However, it was the late 60's, so I have a good excuse.