Chatsworth Again

Jon Lewis

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes. I’ve had one regarding several of my images. All were taken from the parkland around the house but none were from anywhere a ticket was required and I had walked in rather than parking in the ticketed car parks. I’m a little bit irritated to put it mildly. Presumably we have no real choice but to go along with it, really, really frustrating!

Edit.. just noticed these images were showing as views in measures yesterday as well as on several other occasions recently so I’m guessing that was likely Chatsworth Estate checking up 😆

Edited by Bionic

Very disappointing. The contagion has evidently spread from the National Trust.

It's not copyright, it's a rather vague concept of image rights.

Usually they threaten Alamy and they're just removed.

If they were taken from a right of way they have no case but otherwise it's up to you. Depens what they allege you're infringed upon.

Edited by spacecadet

8 minutes ago, Jon Lewis said:

I wasn't on their turf and DYDC49 is on Alamy and G don't think they are going after G .

Please don't blame the messenger. We are on the same side. 😁

Have a look at the BAPLA list of agencies - it is surprising how many museums, collections, art galleries, etc now are offering stock photos.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 2

I think that in the future I will avoid these stately home places like the Covid ( plague). 

I went to Audley End not long ago and found the whole ostentatious display of wealth inside the house to be sickening. I wouldn't care less if they were all converted to useful purposes from this moronic 'heritage' business. 

How dare you plebs take photos of our stately home - who do you think you are? Just pay and feck off quietly...

Edited by geogphotos

8 minutes ago, Jon Lewis said:

Or we could just set this image free just by itself on the internet forever.

Jon

I had all that with the National Trust once - they wouldn't allow images to be given away. 

Best to avoid the whole lot of them I feel. 

20 minutes ago, Jon Lewis said:

If we can't sell it or give it away can't we rent out the hard disk space to them.

If your blood pressure can take it you could phone the Chatsworth Photo Library !!

Edited by geogphotos

If Bionic's Chatsworth images were included in searches in Measures over the last few weeks, suggesting that it was Chatsworth themselves doing the searches, is that an insight into which search data gets included in Measures? I thought that it was reputed to be only data from major commercial clients.

• Like 1