Jump to content

Recommended Posts

CTR seems to be as stable as ever, IOW zigzagging around 0.5, I don't know about zooms as I don't keep a record, but sales will probably be down 20% in volume and 30% or more in revenue, and I didn't overtake 2013, when my average was 2.5 times higher, until this month. But then I was down a third last year, and don't expect to reach half my best year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CTR is 0.5 average this year which is pretty much normal. Number of licences this year so far are same as for all of last year. Value of licences this year so far are double last years total.

 

Allan

 

No record of zooms.

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My small port is probably not indicative but I have had abnormally high zooms in July, September, and October. Like one every couple of days which is really unusual for me and I wasn't uploading a lot. Most of them have been on Black Lives Matter murals, five zooms on one George Floyd mural alone and a few on the woman with Vote mask holding an American flag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

My small port is probably not indicative but I have had abnormally high zooms in July, September, and October. Like one every couple of days which is really unusual for me and I wasn't uploading a lot. Most of them have been on Black Lives Matter murals, five zooms on one George Floyd mural alone and a few on the woman with Vote mask holding an American flag.

 

You're photographing very topical subject in a major US urban area (Berkeley/Oakland/San Francisco).   Go up the coast and Bolinas only has five pages of photos on Alamy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2020 at 06:35, MizBrown said:

 

You're photographing very topical subject in a major US urban area (Berkeley/Oakland/San Francisco).   Go up the coast and Bolinas only has five pages of photos on Alamy.

 

I was just realizing that my location is a great boon for this photo endeavor. I'm still find my stride and approach, but am definitely learning to identify topical subjects and shoot them. There's no lack of news here and I'm placed directly between San Francisco and Oakland (and Berkeley) and can get to most events in 20 minutes, even without a car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

 

I was just realizing that my location is a great boon for this photo endeavor. I'm still find my stride and approach, but am definitely learning to identify topical subjects and shoot them. There's no lack of news here and I'm placed directly between San Francisco and Oakland (and Berkeley) and can get to most events in 20 minutes, even without a car.

 

Just realizing it?  :).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MizBrown said:

 

Just realizing it?  :).

 

 

Yeah, I take it for granted, been here so long. I'm learning the value of my location, the more my photos get used, which is also now the new USA Vice President-Elect's hometown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Yeah, I take it for granted, been here so long. I'm learning the value of my location, the more my photos get used, which is also now the new USA Vice President-Elect's hometown.

 

And if it snows again and accumulates, maybe get out on the road over Mount Tam and photograph people throwing snowballs at passing cars.  I was there for big enough snow storm and one of the house mates and I drove to Bolinas for lunch.   Other one would be humans hunting for jadeite at Point Reyes while the seal look curiously at us from the breakers, bodies parallel to the waves and heads out of the water looking sideways.

 

Now here, we're getting the boring part of Hurricane Iota -- rain.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MizBrown said:

 

And if it snows again and accumulates, maybe get out on the road over Mount Tam and photograph people throwing snowballs at passing cars.  I was there for big enough snow storm and one of the house mates and I drove to Bolinas for lunch.   Other one would be humans hunting for jadeite at Point Reyes while the seal look curiously at us from the breakers, bodies parallel to the waves and heads out of the water looking sideways.

 

Now here, we're getting the boring part of Hurricane Iota -- rain.  

 

I've seen hail but not snow here...but there were reports of snow a couple years ago. Very, very rare. I've gotten photos of some amazing events - the coronavirus cruise ship parking a half mile from my door in the first few days of the crisis, the surreal orange sky from wildfire smoke, Black Lives Matter art explosion after the looting, an Elizabeth Warren rally. There's no shortage of drama. The problem is, I feel neglectful if I don't drop everything and run out every day and get it all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Normspics said:

My zooms are about average but this is the first month with no sales so far, when normally November is one of the better months for sales. 

 

Yup. I've had one really low value licence. And - aside from one year - things have tended to die off for me from mid-December to mid-January. Not in a hugely +ive mood right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.