Hi everyone,

I haven’t seen any discussion about the subject in the forum, so here goes.

Has anyone taken part in Alamy’s POTM on Twitter or Instagram?  If yes, then did you see an increase in your sales or do you feel you gained exposure?  
What are your thoughts about POTM?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Take care,

Aurore

I think a better way of creating a POTM page would be to do this automatically.

It would be very simple for the Alamy tech bods to create a web page each month showing the ten best grossing sales from each category(Landscape, Lifestyle, Architecture etc.) It’s just a database query and some JavaScript after all. Adobe Stock already do something similar. No need to show how much each individual picture was sold for.

That way we get to see what people are buying (style, quality, resolution, usage, country etc.)

Am I missing the point of the POTM, is it for the buyers?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 09:16, MB Photography said:

Am I missing the point of the POTM, is it for the buyers?

Yes, I believe it is. I had two appear in the August Culture selection, so will see if it makes a difference to sales. I suspect not for me individually but may drive customers to Alamy.

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1

On 04/09/2020 at 04:16, MB Photography said:

I think a better way of creating a POTM page would be to do this automatically.

probably doesn't create has many #alamy on social media.  This is a way for them to boost the accounts.  The best ones are them added to selection...

• 1 year later...

I've had a picture selected twice now - latest Janary 2022.  Does no harm at all - not sure if it does any good - no obvious increase in sales.

Edited by awp
typo!

8 hours ago, Sally said:

I responded to this a while ago. I’ve had images chosen a number of times but have no evidence of increasing sales as a direct result. The images chosen haven’t sold as a result.

Sally, your POTM experience is what I expected, so didn't want to submit just for potential vanity. A useful thread. Some images I've seen selected would better suit a POD site than Alamy.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2020 at 20:18, Aurore Shirley said:

Hi everyone,

I haven’t seen any discussion about the subject in the forum, so here goes.

Has anyone taken part in Alamy’s POTM on Twitter or Instagram?  If yes, then did you see an increase in your sales or do you feel you gained exposure?  
What are your thoughts about POTM?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Take care,

Aurore

No.  Can't see any benefit for me.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I don't understand this Alamy POTM. I had three images in last months selection. That was 3 of the final 40. Is that as far as it goes? No winner? 

My understanding is that all 40 are winners. It's a curated lightbox exposed on Social Media to potential buyers and some kind of advertisement for Alamy. I like the idea behind that.

• Thanks 1