Jump to content
  • 0
James Hodgson

Zooms not taken into account - stated as NaN

Question

Something ive not come across before and just wondering if anyone has had the same...

 

Just did a search in one of my pseudo summaries for the last month, and i have a number of searches that show as : your views 1, sessions 1, zooms 0, total views 0, ctr% Nan!

 

so although mine was viewed, it wasnt actually? its the YOUR VIEWS 1 and TOTAL VIEWS 0, thats confusing! happens on a number of searches over the last month.

 

any thoughts welcome

 

JH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
25 minutes ago, James Hodgson said:

Something ive not come across before and just wondering if anyone has had the same...

 

Just did a search in one of my pseudo summaries for the last month, and i have a number of searches that show as : your views 1, sessions 1, zooms 0, total views 0, ctr% Nan!

 

so although mine was viewed, it wasnt actually? its the YOUR VIEWS 1 and TOTAL VIEWS 0, thats confusing! happens on a number of searches over the last month.

 

any thoughts welcome

 

JH

 

Looks like a glitch in the system somewhere, possibly an effect of the data centre failure that happened?

 

Mark

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I had two zooms today, Your zooms 2, but they didn't count in Total zooms, and under Total CTR(%) it says NaN. What does NaN stand for - and could it be some test searches by Alamy??

Edited by Niels Quist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've noticed the same thing today. I've had one zoom that had NaN under Total CTR(%) and the corresponding total views and total zooms columns are 0 which doesn't make sense. This particular zoom happened in August but only appeared in today's measures. 

 

Can't work out what NaN means. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Kat said:

Can't work out what NaN means. 

It means "Not a Number". Something technical about not being a numerical value. I'm sure someone here can explain it better. Or at all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It means "Not a Number". Something technical about not being a numerical value. I'm sure someone here can explain it better. Or at all.

Okay thanks. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

 

Looks like a glitch in the system somewhere, possibly an effect of the data centre failure that happened?

 

Mark

Thanks... That might explain it! 

 

Cheers Mark.

 

JH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

- and by the way - it seems to have been corrected to a number now, so probably a glitch.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I reported this problem (NaN) to Alamy yesterday with screen captures of the issue and they have sent the information to their IT team to investigate.

 

I use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Pro and Apple Safari on the iPad (all up to date) and get the same issue. It made my CTR drop quite drastically in 24 hours even though my zoom count had gone up but with NaN errors.

 

Alamy showed me a screen capture of my Alamy Measures detail page and everything was working normally at their end.

 

The problem has now been resolved 😎

Edited by MB Photography
Problem update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yes,  and though the numbers changed, my CTR also dropped and haven't risen again yet - will probably change tomorrow.

Edited by Niels Quist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I thought it was strange that my CTR had dropped without apparent reason. Maybe this is why.

Jim ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.