July Challenge: Fire, Water, Earth and Air

24 minutes ago, TeeCee said:

John, many congrats on your win! Now I know this is simply a typo on your part, (the caption on your photo is correct), however your picture of Seaton is in fact here in Sidmouth. 😀
Next time you're down this way, pop in for a socially distanced cup of coffee in the garden!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for that, Tony.  Wednesday afternoon brain fade obviously kicked in.  I should know my own county - even if it is t'other end.  Thanks for the offer.  Though should we meet you might consider the space between Sidmouth and Plymouth to be barely enough social distancing. 😁

1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

Thanks for that, Tony.  Wednesday afternoon brain fade obviously kicked in.  I should know my own county - even if it is t'other end.  Thanks for the offer.  Though should we meet you might consider the space between Sidmouth and Plymouth to be barely enough social distancing. 😁

Plenty of distance here John, we can tempt you with a half an acre garden c/w  a  woodland area -  a hundred hydrangeas under a 90ft Monterey Cyprus - my favourite place for a coffee.
Take care, welcome any time, Tony

Edited by TeeCee

Something fascinating happens with water and the sandstone and limestone cliffs in Zion National Park. I imagine geologists and botanists here could probably give me some good keywords to add. I would appreciate it....

2C46Y56.jpg

Hanging gardens in Zion National Park, Utah

2B0X6KD.jpg

Rockhopper Penguin where the sea meets land in the Falkland Islands

DDTD72.jpg

Storm and sunbeams in the Masai Mara, Kenya

Paulette

• Love 2

My three, smoke on the water…

Ever wondered what happens if you use a plastic play-pen to recreate a Cornish tin mine, complete with smoking chimney?
Well, this happens... 😃

sidmouth-devon-26th-dec-16-tin-mine-gag-goes-wrong-for-gig-club-a-HF0ADN.jpg

Sidmouth lifeboat crew set out to sea.
Sidmouth, 4th Feb 17. Sidmouth Lifeboat set out on an early morning drill in near freezing conditions in Devon. Stock Photo

Real "Smoke on the Water"  as Ian Gillan performs at Guitars on the Beach, Lyme Regis.
Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK. 6th September, 2014. Guitarists from all over the UK got together today for Guitars on the Stock Photo
Edited by TeeCee
  • Love 1

On 18/07/2020 at 07:36, TeeCee said:

My three, smoke on the water…

Ever wondered what happens if you use a plastic play-pen to recreate a Cornish tin mine, complete with smoking chimney?
Well, this happens... 😃

sidmouth-devon-26th-dec-16-tin-mine-gag-goes-wrong-for-gig-club-a-HF0ADN.jpg

Sidmouth lifeboat crew set out to sea.
Sidmouth, 4th Feb 17. Sidmouth Lifeboat set out on an early morning drill in near freezing conditions in Devon. Stock Photo

Real "Smoke on the Water"  as Ian Gillan performs at Guitars on the Beach, Lyme Regis.
Lyme Regis, Dorset, UK. 6th September, 2014. Guitarists from all over the UK got together today for Guitars on the Stock Photo

First one is what do appen when u do put the cream on first...

A sunstar last autumn - guess I"d call this earth air and fire, at a park near my home in NY:

beautiful-fall-sunlight-on-red-autumn-leaves-in-the-woods-new-york-in-the-fall-rockefeller-state-park-preserve-pleasantville-new-york-october-201-2A9MN6P.jpg

Earth Air and Water in Nevada's Valley of Fire:

red-rock-formations-near-mouses-tank-trail-valley-of-fire-state-park-EGPW3R.jpg

Air and Fire - A composite of long exposure fireworks taken at the Kensico Dam in Thornwood, NY -

gold-purple-pink-and-aqua-exploding-glittery-fireworks-happy-new-year-background-for-party-invitation-greeting-card-banner-poster-for-new-years-eve-2AA9Y7K.jpg

Edited by Marianne

Last second entry! 

1) Fire & Air:

Mascleta (a daytime fireworks display, wonderfully loud and with the rest of the festival part of UNESCO's immaterial world heritage) during the Fallas of Valencia on March 8 2020, just days before the lockdown in Spain, and shot by the most famous female pyrotechnician on woman's day... 

thick-smoke-masclet-of-the-2020-fallas-o

2) Earth & Water:

Baltic sea and the white cliffs of Rügen, Germany. 

turquoise-waters-of-the-baltic-sea-and-w

3) Fire, Water (well, ice), Earth & Air:

On Myrdalsjökull glacier in Iceland. Where is the fire you ask? The black material on the ground you see there is not just regular gravel, but ashes from the infamous Eyjafjallajökull volcano. Where is the air you ask? Well - we all remember Europe's air traffic back then don't we... 

climbing-axes-on-a-rock-on-myrdalsjkull-

3 hours ago, Sybille Reuter said:

That said - I'll eat my shoes if that fire waterfall doesn't win 😁

42 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Yes, or the Stonehenge one. But there are many good ones.

Patience grasshoppers, patience.