Unexpected reduction in views in Measures

Brizbee

Question

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed their reported views for the rolling year being less than they expected today. Yesterday I had 4524 views and 41 zooms. Today I have 4118 views and 40 zooms. I'm used to the figures reducing at the start of every month as an old month drops out, and it happened at the start of April, but this is the first time it's reduced twice in the space of 7 days. It's not greatly significant in the grand scheme of things, it just seems unusual. Happened to anybody else?

Thanks, Brian.

9 answers to this question

Thanks folks for taking the time to answer my question but I've just figured out it's my own stupid fault.

I set up a new pseudonym in AIM and moved pictures from an older one into it as it was a more relevant title, not realising that any views or zooms for the original pseudonym would no longer count, hence the reduction in numbers.

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks again.

Brian.

I've often seen a slight dip around Easter anyway, but as David suggests, many businesses have been hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Staff are absent and/or working practice is very disrupted. Add to tha,  the Media is very cornavirus focussed. Personally, I'd be surprised to see views and zooms return to 'normal' levels for some weeks, probably more likely some months.

A drop in views by roughly 10% given it's both Easter bank holiday weekend in The UK and the fact that we have a coronavirus pandemic putting business that might use images out of business (there is another thread about Lonely Planet mothballing it's activities for example) doesn't entirely surprise me.

24 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

A drop in views by roughly 10% given it's both Easter bank holiday weekend in The UK and the fact that we have a coronavirus pandemic putting business that might use images out of business (there is another thread about Lonely Planet mothballing it's activities for example) doesn't entirely surprise me.

but that would only affect the number of addition to the total.. OP lost 400 views on a non month end update.

Yes  Sales, Views and Zooms  all drastically down over the last week or two,  definitely related to the Coronavirus pandemic. Like others on this forum,  I think it will take weeks if not months to return to anywhere like normal. 

Edited by John Gaffen

2 hours ago, John Gaffen said:

Yes  Sales, Views and Zooms  all drastically down over the last week or two,  definitely related to the Coronavirus pandemic. Like others on this forum,  I think it will take weeks if not months to return to anywhere like normal. 

Interestingly activity "elsewhere" is still good and possibly rising. Maybe some "belt tightening" is going on as marketing budgets get cut and cheaper sources of imagery are being sought?

Mark