New Lightbox format

Is there an easy way to create a url of a lightbox?

If I click on the Actions Box, and click share, I can send an email to myself - which contains the link......

It would be good if you could just copy the link directly, without having to send yourself an email!

Share to Twitter could also be useful!

Jools

1 hour ago, Jools Devon said:

Is there an easy way to create a url of a lightbox?

If I click on the Actions Box, and click share, I can send an email to myself - which contains the link......

It would be good if you could just copy the link directly, without having to send yourself an email!

Share to Twitter could also be useful!

Jools

On the screen that shows all of your lightboxes, there is a pull down 'Actions' menu on the right-hand side for each lightbox. You have the option of 'Share' in this menu which allows you to email a link to someone. Type in your own email address and the email you receive contains a hyperlink that you can click on. You can then retrieve the actual URL from the browser address bar when you've followed the hyperlink... all a bit convoluted but.. 

Edited by Matt Ashmore

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Type in your own email address and the email you receive contains a hyperlink that you can click on. You can then retrieve the actual URL from the browser address bar when you've followed the hyperlink... all a bit convoluted but.. 

Yes - that's what I do...... It just seems a bit clunky, and a few unnecessary steps!

• 4 months later...

They are selections of images, usually around a theme, that you can then share with others, potential customers perhaps. Buyers can also create them and Alamy also share them from time to time on various topical, potentially saleable subjects.

Veganism

Everyday Surrealism

Fashion Unwind

Edited by Harry Harrison

27 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

They are selections of images, usually around a theme, that you can then share with others, potential customers perhaps. Buyers can also create them and Alamy also share them from time to time on various topical, potentially saleable subjects.

Veganism

Everyday Surrealism

Fashion Unwind

Are these your own or are they a collection of items from all Alamy sellers?

Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, AlexG said:

Are these your own

I should be so lucky, no they are Alamy's selections across the library created by Alamy themselves to invite submissions of a similar nature, or I suppose possibly to advertise their (our) wares to potential buyers. I would imagine that if it hadn't been for the pandemic they would be putting these out quite regularly.

• 9 months later...

Perhaps I'm missing something but Lightboxes seem a bit time consuming and awkward to create. Is there a faster method than having to search for an image ID each time?

Do they help much / are they worth the time? Thx 🙂

3 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Perhaps I'm missing something but Lightboxes seem a bit time consuming and awkward to create. Is there a faster method than having to search for an image ID each time?

Do they help much / are they worth the time? Thx 🙂

Just a single click to get into Lightboxes from the Dashboard link and another click to create a new one (+ box top right of screen).

It would help if there was an easier way of adding images though. I use mine to keep track of potential DACS-eligible images (on the rare occasions these days I make such as sale!) and to see if zooms have resulted in sales. It would be nice to have an 'add to lightbox' option on the Sales History and Zoom screens.

• Love 1

I may also be missing something because I haven't used them in earnest but they work very well from the customer's point of view, just do a search, create a lightbox, enter project details and description then add images from the thumbnail 'hover'. More or less duplicates how a researcher would want to work I would think.

It's different for a contributor though, would be very nice to create a lightbox direct from a selection in Image Manager and a 'Copy URL' option would be useful for everyone I would have thought, researchers and contributors alike, rather than actually having to send an email.

Hopefully someone will tell me that you can already do that and I just haven't read the manual....

• Love 1