Searchterm20%searchterm

I have no idea, but what is really weird is that when looking at AOA and seeing one of these types of searches, even when it shows hundreds of images have come back in that search, if I click it, it says can't find anything ! I have tried it with quite of few of them. Maybe it's unique to a particular client? 

6 hours ago, Sally said:

“When you see “%20,” it represents a space in an encoded URL” from the internet

That's it. Possibly it is an encoding error of search terms from one source to another with different encoding. Anyway, the searches were made with the space, not the %20, so I would not worry about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I"m getting a bunch of them and thinking if it is just one person doing it they are very busy! It's kind of annoying to read.

Paulette

I guess since i come from a non english speaking language, and have a letter that many environment feels is "illegal" (their word not mine) i have gotten used to see stuff translated into error codes %E7

On 01/02/2020 at 03:31, Sally said:

“When you see “%20,” it represents a space in an encoded URL” from the internet

I notice many of the search with such occurrence have  proper names in them (places, paths) 

i wonder if many are generated from search from Non English Alamy mirror site.  

As I stated, the client search was done with a space, not with the %20 symbol or any other code.

That's is for sure because your images appear it that search, and I'm sure you don't use %20 in your tags ;)

Try to search for "red%20house" for example...no hits.

The "searchterm%20searchterm" probably have been saved incorrectly in the searches database because an incorrect "translation" between different encodings (let's says something like computer languages).

I have got those searchtems too, and I don't worry about it. Just change %20 for a space in my records. That's the most hassle.

Hope it helps!

Regards

Edited by shearwater
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shearwater said:

As I stated, the client search was done with a space, not with the %20 symbol or any other code.

That's is for sure because your images appear it that search, and I'm sure you don't use %20 in your tags ;)

Try to search for "red%20house" for example...no hits.

The "searchterm%20searchterm" probably have been saved incorrectly in the searches database because an incorrect "translation" between different encodings (let's says something like computer languages).

I have got those searchtems too, and I don't worry about it. Just change %20 for a space in my records. That's the most hassle.

Hope it helps!

Regards

Thank you for that explanation. I will stop cursing whoever is putting %20 in their searches and just curse whatever the computer languages are doing.

Paulette

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

Thank you for that explanation. I will stop cursing whoever is putting %20 in their searches and just curse whatever the computer languages are doing.

Paulette

You can only blame a computer ;)

Best to worry about anything else...

Glad to help.

Regards