Sensor cleaning??

3 hours ago, MDM said:

I don't do bench tests but I always do field tests on new lenses and cameras so I know what I can do with them. For sharpness, text is great as long as it extends right across the image but you can't beat a big brick wall for checking out distortion and it can be used to estimate sharpness across the field from a distance as well (the sort of distance at which you might be taking pictures of buildings - most bench tests are done close in and may not be the same at distance). I have a favourite brick wall - a side of a local residential house - which I use whenever I get any new kit. Fortunately so far nobody has come out of the house to ask me what I'm doing. 

Hey Mick I do the same thing but use either a brick wall on a building in the industrial estate along the road from me or a nice brick wall in Tesco's car park.

I'm surprised I haven't been approached by police or security officers yet.

Allan

16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Or the other nice young guys.

(The Halloween edition; the original. Or the binge version for a wet Sunday evening. Some very funny renditions.)

wim

I gave you a laugh for that. Trouble is you have set me thinking. Perhaps I should have a minder when on the industrial estate. There are always lots of people about at Tesco's.

Allan

19 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hey Mick I do the same thing but use either a brick wall on a building in the industrial estate along the road from me or a nice brick wall in Tesco's car park.

I'm surprised I haven't been approached by police or security officers yet.

Allan

Perhaps you don’t look foreign enough. Maybe you should cultivate the Arab look you alluded to once over a coffee with me and Mr K. That should do the trick 😎

23 hours ago, MDM said:

Perhaps you don’t look foreign enough. Maybe you should cultivate the Arab look you alluded to once over a coffee with me and Mr K. That should do the trick 😎

No thanks. I'll stay invisible.😎

Allan

"I cleaned the sensors on all three cameras yesterday, lots of crud.

Simply used a blower and now there are only two or three spots left on each.

I can live with that.

Allan"

I priced a simple blower at Jessops yesterday. They had it in a kit with little else for . . . 25 pounds. That's nuts! 

10 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

"I cleaned the sensors on all three cameras yesterday, lots of crud.

Simply used a blower and now there are only two or three spots left on each.

I can live with that.

Allan"

I priced a simple blower at Jessops yesterday. They had it in a kit with little else for . . . 25 pounds. That's nuts! 

Jessops hasn't been decent value for years.

A rocket blower off ebay for a few pounds will do the job. You'll need a confirmed address for Paypal, though.