Watermarked images passed QC

BidC

Question

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestion here.

Unfortunately some Watermarked images passed QC on Monday, and I then duly tagged them, before I noticed. Hence the images were 'on sale'. I deleted, then contacted Alamy who have said they have deleted them, but over 48hrs later they remain visible in my portfolio (though if clicked on, are 'unavailable').

I have the exact same images (not WM'd) waiting to be tagged, but am reluctant to do so until the WM'd images disappear (which Alamy have said should have happened as they deleted at their end).

Am waiting to hear back from poor Ellie (two must be heartily sick of this by now). However i was just wondering if anyone else had had this experience, and could say what happens.

Seems a shame not to be able to release the other images for sale.

16 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, BidC said:

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestion here.

Unfortunately some Watermarked images passed QC on Monday, and I then duly tagged them, before I noticed. Hence the images were 'on sale'. I deleted, then contacted Alamy who have said they have deleted them, but over 48hrs later they remain visible in my portfolio (though if clicked on, are 'unavailable').

I have the exact same images (not WM'd) waiting to be tagged, but am reluctant to do so until the WM'd images disappear (which Alamy have said should have happened as they deleted at their end).

Am waiting to hear back from poor Ellie (two must be heartily sick of this by now). However i was just wondering if anyone else had had this experience, and could say what happens.

Seems a shame not to be able to release the other images for sale.

You may still see them but customers cannot.

Allan

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Did you shop for them as a customer?

I didn't click on them, if that's what you mean. But Bridget had already said that was disabled so I assumed you meant that the thumbs would not be visible.

Alan

HMmmmmmm! Just searched for one of Bridget's watermarked images as a customer and it was visible. So you are correct Alan.

Worth contacting CS.

Allan

Just checked again and yes the image can be seen when searched for on Alamy by it's code number but clicking on the image brings up a message saying the image can't be found.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Not true Allan. I can certainly see them.

Alan

Elie (in CR) has referred back to Image Management, and so I am waiting. Can't upload the unwatermarked images until the WM'd ones are gone. It also doesnt look great to have images that, when clicked on, are found to be missing. It was both the fault of Alamy and myself. I didnt untick the WM box in LR,a nd Alamy passed them ... some are already tagged, so would have gone on sale ... never mind. It'll teach me to be much more careful 

46 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

HMmmmmmm! Just searched for one of Bridget's watermarked images as a customer and it was visible. So you are correct Alan.

Worth contacting CS.

Allan

Just checked again and yes the image can be seen when searched for on Alamy by it's code number but clicking on the image brings up a message saying the image can't be found.

ITMA

Thanks Allan, I've been talking to CR all week. Anyway - its been referred back to Image management now - doesnt look good to have an image on display that then 'can't be found' . Am hoping its sorted soon ...

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

You may still see them but customers cannot.

Allan

4 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Bridget, IMO, based on no knowledge of what is right or wrong, I would tag your images and let subsequent server updates clear out the rest.

Smashing harvest pictures.

Thank you :) I have the bunch that are not WM'd waiting to be tagged. I just didn't want them sitting side by side (which is what would happen). The server updates over the last couple of days should have cleared them, but that hasn't happened ... (a mystery wrapped in a riddle). I've tagged the others now - I did a search as a customer, and its true only the first tow I uploaded (without WM) are showing. The others just appear in my portfolio (which isn't so bad I guess).

Edited by BidC

1 hour ago, zxzoomy said:

Someone else suggested, if we don't want images to be found while deletion is pending, replacing the caption with something like qwty and deleting all the tags. Would that help? 

it was then mentioned that this is in breach of our agreement with Alamy, so not a solution,

• Love 1

12 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

Someone else suggested, if we don't want images to be found while deletion is pending, replacing the caption with something like qwty and deleting all the tags. Would that help? 

Thank you :) I deleted all the tags, but wasn't sure what to do about the caption - thats a great idea. I did a search s a customer and they don't appear. They just remain in my portfolio, so not much lost (I don't think many people go there) - thank you again !

Edited by BidC

11 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

it was then mentioned that this is in breach of our agreement with Alamy, so not a solution,

I did tell Alamy that I had deleted the tags, and that seemed to be acceptable - to be honest, having Watermarks is a breach of their agreement. They passed them - (tho' obviously this was human error) so I can't see it would be a problem .....

Edited by BidC

14 minutes ago, BidC said:

I did tell Alamy that I had deleted the tags, and that seemed to be acceptable - to be honest, having Watermarks is a breach of their agreement. They passed them - (tho' obviously this was human error) so I can't see its a problem .....

sorry note was not directed at your issue, but mainly in case someone else uses it as a reference later.  i would have done what you did, so i think the fact Alamy support came in prior thread to highlight the practice is frowned upon was worth adding,  nothing personal. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, BidC said:

I did tell Alamy that I had deleted the tags, and that seemed to be acceptable - to be honest, having Watermarks is a breach of their agreement. They passed them - (tho' obviously this was human error) so I can't see its a problem .....

Good to hear you the issue seems to be under control. 

Re the initial QC of the watermarked images, I can only assume when Alamy conducted the QC, as they only sample a percentage, they didn't view the watermarked ones, or the batch would have failed.  If all you submitted together were watermarked, that would be different.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

sorry note was not directed at your issue, but mainly in case someone else uses it as a reference later.  i would have done what you did, so i think the fact Alamy support came in prior thread to highlight the practice is frowned upon was worth adding,  nothing personal. 

No worries at all :) I didn't take it that way - thank you very much your input.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Good to hear you the issue seems to be under control. 

Re the initial QC of the watermarked images, I can only assume when Alamy conducted the QC, as they only sample a percentage, they didn't view the watermarked ones, or the batch would have failed.  If all you submitted together were watermarked, that would be different.

The whole batch was watermarked (the first two I submitted the day before as stock as it was too late for LN) - but on some the watermark was hidden by the texture and colour of tee field - it must happen. The team are only human, and it will be a reminder to me to be more careful !