Alamy + Stockimo merged measure

ACC

• 1 month later...
On 21/06/2019 at 09:57, ACC said:

Hi Alamy,

I’d like to see my Stockimo account in the same view as my Alamy pseudonyms so that I can track all my views, zooms and sales in the one place.

Agree.  I would also like to be able to manage (keywording, etc) my Stockimo images in Alamy image manager.

I understand that most/many Stockimo contributors are not Alamy contributors, but for those of us who are, this would be of great benefit!

• Love 1

It would definitely be helpful to be able to keyword in the Image Manager. I find it very tedious on the phone. Maybe that's why Stockimo images tend to have few keywords.

Paulette

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

It would definitely be helpful to be able to keyword in the Image Manager. I find it very tedious on the phone. Maybe that's why Stockimo images tend to have few keywords.

Paulette

Yes I agree, having to load 1 by 1 is tedious too, It’s almost as if these are deliberate tactics to make people really selective about what they post. Having had alamy upload rights for a long time I find that a bit annoying. Anyone from Alamy going to comment here?

• 3 weeks later...

Agree. Would be great to be able to manage from my computer & not just iPhone. Would be nice to get the same info re: views zooms etc.  

Enjoy being able to upload right from my iPhone. It’s a great way to shoot on the fly & love the freedom to be creative. One by one keywording is tedious & it’d be nice to go back to add more from an easier  interface. All in all really love S. 

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

There's no current way to see zooms on Stockimo photos, right?

Think people are reluctant to answer as we are not supposed to discuss S here .... (answer to above = no ...)

Edited by BidC

20 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

The bit that I don't get is why Alamy QC reject anything that comes from a mobile phone... but if the image comes in via Stockimo, it's suddenly OK and ends up for sale in the same Alamy marketplace.

😀 One of life's many mysteries. 

6 hours ago, BidC said:

😀 One of life's many mysteries. 

Not really.

As it stands, customers of Alamy know to expect a certain quality and a minimum size.

Customers of the other bit know to expect mobile-phone quality (including image size etc).

Mix them up and you're going to have

a) some very confused purchasers, in addition to 

b) some very p*ssed-off purchasers, leading to

c) some even more p*ssed-off contributors as the refunds go sky-high.

I for one am quite happy to leave sleeping dogs lie.

DD

Edited by dustydingo
thought it appropriate to spell 'including' with a d instead of an s
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dustydingo said:

Mix them up and you're going to have

a) some very confused purchasers, in addition to 

b) some very p*ssed-off purchasers, leading to

c) some even more p*ssed-off contributors as the refunds go sky-high.

But surely the point is that they are already mixed up because they are on sale side-by-side in the same place. The only difference is the letter that the image ID starts with.

I don't have an issue with Alamy QC maintaining standards by dictating that the camera has to be a certain standard... but it just seems that with Stockimo, the horse has already bolted so-to-speak. For example...

Houses of Parliament with London red bus Stock PhotoRed double-decker bus (Volvo) crossing Waterloo Bridge, London, England, UK Stock Photo

.. one is Stockmo and the other isn't... so one was taken on a phone.

My first S sale was for an article on all 50 US states and, from a pretty thorough reviews, it appeared that every other photo in the article was from the regular Alamy collection. The article appeared on smaller city newspaper websites across the country and the quality of my heavily filtered image (taken with an old 6MP? 4S) was good enough. While iPhone photos can't compare to those taken with a decent lens on a DSLR or mirrorless, it's not always relevant since most of the demand for images these days is for the web. Ironic and frustrating to those of us who spend thousands on equipment, but the reality. 

Anyhow. the point here is it would be great to be able to manage S images online and not just from our phones. Please Alamy. 

It would also be nice to discuss S without incurring your wrath. Or open an S forum for contributors? Pretty please?

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

But surely the point is that they are already mixed up because they are on sale side-by-side in the same place. The only difference is the letter that the image ID starts with.

No, that is simply incorrect. The other, and I think main difference is in the contributor field when an image is viewed as a purchaser would view it; as a result of a search. The contributor line for Stockimo images includes quite clearly the word "Stockimo".

At least as it stands the fact it is a Stockimo image is stated. If it wasn't, the chances of a buyer not paying much attention and buying an image that turns out to be only 1536 x 2048 pixels (for example) are greatly increased.

Back to the topic of monitoring both S images and non-S images in the same way and in the same place, I think that has merit.

Edited by DustyDingo Photographics

7 hours ago, DustyDingo Photographics said:

No, that is simply incorrect. The other, and I think main difference is in the contributor field when an image is viewed as a purchaser would view it; as a result of a search. The contributor line for Stockimo images includes quite clearly the word "Stockimo".

It does.. yes.. I stand corrected. But I personally doubt anyone actually looks at that when buying an image... 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stockimo rejected about 50% of my photos and that percentage was dropping as it got more popular. They only pay out 20% and I never sold a one. I'm completely done with it. But it was a good intro to the field. (yes, I know we're not supposed to talk about the S word...) 🤫

• 1 month later...