Possible fine for photo of building?

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I would have thought you would be going to Tenerife when you moved.

Long way to come to one of the Cambridge meet ups though.

Allan

Considering various options and nothing likely to happen very soon (although with the lineup for the new PM things might accelerate 😟). One of the reasons for favouring Ireland is that my wife is British and won't be able to automatically live and work in Spain if Brexit goes ahead. That is not the case with Ireland. The Irish and British governments recently signed up a formal agreement to continue the right of citizens of Britain and Ireland to live, work and vote in the other country as is the case at the moment. Also I think it would be easier to transfer my photography business to Ireland. Against that is the weather of course.

As for Cambridge - I suggest a permanent change to Ely or somewhere in cental Cambridge easily accesible from the railway station. I got stuck in a horrendous traffic jam due to an accident on the A14 on the way back last time. I have had so many stressful journeys to Cambridge now ☹️😁

If I did move to Ireland, we could start a new group with Edo in Sligo and the West Cork brigade.

Edited by MDM

43 minutes ago, MDM said:

As for Cambridge - I suggest a permanent change to Ely or somewhere in cental Cambridge easily accesible from the railway station.

If I did move to Ireland, we could start a new group with Edo in Sligo and the West Cork brigade.

Yes Cambridge meets could be at Fitzbillies I suppose.

Good idea to get a group going in Ireland. Might be able to manage a trip to see you all once a year.

Allan

8 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Photgraphing the NT? It would be rude not to do it!  Every trip to lacock I take a picture of the Abbey from the road with a little bit of the wall in the bottom of the frame, just for foreground interest of course...

I did try to get the Abbey as a background to the boxing day hunt - not very successfully lol.  Have you ever checked out the bluebells at the top of Bowdens hill - or just the view?

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I don't trust the National Trust.

Brilliantly put sir.

12 hours ago, Bryan said:

Indeed, one of life's greatest pleasures is to sell a photo of a NT property taken from public land. OK I don't get out much... 😉

Bryan, That's a gem - love it! Keep up the good work! 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, MDM said:

Considering various options and nothing likely to happen very soon (although with the lineup for the new PM things might accelerate 😟). One of the reasons for favouring Ireland is that my wife is British and won't be able to automatically live and work in Spain if Brexit goes ahead. That is not the case with Ireland. The Irish and British governments recently signed up a formal agreement to continue the right of citizens of Britain and Ireland to live, work and vote in the other country as is the case at the moment. Also I think it would be easier to transfer my photography business to Ireland. Against that is the weather of course.

As for Cambridge - I suggest a permanent change to Ely or somewhere in cental Cambridge easily accesible from the railway station. I got stuck in a horrendous traffic jam due to an accident on the A14 on the way back last time. I have had so many stressful journeys to Cambridge now ☹️😁

Your good lady would not be allowed to vote in any referendum that required a constitution change, eg the recent abortion or divorce referendum, just the normal elections as she is not an Irish citizen. She  could apply after a qualifying period, the good news both the UK and Irish governments are quite happy to allow dual nationality, ie hold both passports. Worked for me and you can never have to many passports😊

Cheers

Andy 

3 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Your good lady would not be allowed to vote in any referendum that required a constitution change, eg the recent abortion or divorce referendum, just the normal elections as she is not an Irish citizen. She  could apply after a qualifying period, the good news both the UK and Irish governments are quite happy to allow dual nationality, ie hold both passports. Worked for me and you can never have to many passports😊

Cheers

Andy 

Interesting I didn't know that about not being able to vote in referendums although we are aware that she would be entitled to Irish (and therefore EU) citizenship after 3 years living there I think. I have never worried about taking out British citizenship as it makes no difference (up to now at least). I have two passports though - Irish and a Color Checker 😁