Strange usage/caption

I too have never seen anything like it. 

My thoughts are someone added it into a draft/mockup, and it was missed before going live. Whatever, it looks sloppy.

This would give me concern too "This is an Alamy Live News image and may not be part of your current Alamy deal . If you are unsure, please contact our sales team to check." 

Hi Ian, if it's any consolation, I've also had lots of those Metro sales (not via alamy but that other agency, starting with R) with the same complete caption printed, occasionally also with add-on restrictions, and always stating 'mandatory caption'. Sometimes they've even inserted the heading at the front (i.e. politicians in Westminster/Downing Street/whatever). Seems to be a thing they do when in a hurry. I'm not keen on it either, but there's not much we can do. They don't engage in any spell-checking either, defo a mistake when it comes to my terrible captioning skills, haha. Luckily it's only the bargain-basement pic value online version where this seems to happen.

Perhaps this is automated content-generation, human interaction (or any form of add-on journalism) entirely optional. Quite Orwellian. :D:ph34r: 

18 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Hi Ian, if it's any consolation, I've also had lots of those Metro sales (not via alamy but that other agency, starting with R) with the same complete caption printed, occasionally also with add-on restrictions, and always stating 'mandatory caption'. Sometimes they've even inserted the heading at the front (i.e. politicians in Westminster/Downing Street/whatever). Seems to be a thing they do when in a hurry. I'm not keen on it either, but there's not much we can do. They don't engage in any spell-checking either, defo a mistake when it comes to my terrible captioning skills, haha. Luckily it's only the bargain-basement pic value online version where this seems to happen.

Perhaps this is automated content-generation, human interaction (or any form of add-on journalism) entirely optional. Quite Orwellian. :D:ph34r: 

Chris,  thanks.  As long as I get paid.  It does seem very lazy!!!!

Archived