Non Exclusive check box

Thought I'd pass this heads-up along regarding the new "Non Exclusive Alamy" check box -- which some of us can see -- in AIM:

I recently went through my entire collection and thought that I had checked all the "Only available on Alamy" boxes for applicable images (over 90% of my portfolio). However, using the new non-exclusive filter today, I've discovered that I missed a surprising number of images, so it's worth rechecking things with the filter.

16 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Thought I'd pass this heads-up along regarding the new "Non Exclusive Alamy" check box -- which some of us can see -- in AIM:

I recently went through my entire collection and thought that I had checked all the "Only available on Alamy" boxes for applicable images (over 90% of my portfolio). However, using the new non-exclusive filter today, I've discovered that I missed a surprising number of images, so it's worth rechecking things with the filter.

It’s finally showing up for me in AIM. I found 4 images not ticked that should have been. Worth checking, certainly.

34 minutes ago, NYCat said:

When I checked I found I had done them all but it showed me all my failed submissions. So sad. But I have definitely improved. None were recent.

Paulette

I noticed that as well. :(

Fortunately, it has been a couple of years since I had a failure (famous last words).

I'm still confused about "artwork" images, but I won't go there again.

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I noticed that as well. :(

Fortunately, it has been a couple of years since I had a failure (famous last words).

I'm still confused about "artwork" images, but I won't go there again.

Think of it this way: if a photo copy machine will get the exact same result as you are getting with a camera, then it goes into this category. If it's stolen from Google or a museum or copied from a book, it's in this category. So most if not all 2d art is in this category. Most 3d art is not.

If there's a clear personal view or angle (pun intended) involved, it's your choice.

wim

24 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Think of it this way: if a photo copy machine will get the exact same result as you are getting with a camera, then it goes into this category. If it's stolen from Google or a museum or copied from a book, it's in this category. So most if not all 2d art is in this category. Most 3d art is not.

If there's a clear personal view or angle (pun intended) involved, it's your choice.

wim

Thanks for trying to clarify this, but my confusion appears to be a permanent condition. :unsure:

13 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Go to Attributes on the filter bar and scroll down. It is towards the bottom.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette.  I see it now,  I had not scrolled down far enough.

Maria

I posted this in another thread short while ago.

The "Non Exclusive" attribute has already been very useful to me with just over 4,100 images on Alamy.

Clicking on the "Exclusive" button earlier I saw I was 2 images short of of my total passed images. Did not fancy searching through all my images for the 2 rogue images so I waited for the new "Non Exclusive button" and when I clicked that button the rogue images popped up.

"Only on Alamy" button clicked on both images and job done.

Saved a lot of time and now I can truthfully say, "All my images are exclusive to Alamy."

Thanks James.

Allan

Thanks for the information all.

I had made the setting in Chrome to delete all cookies when the browser was closed. It seems that Google have changed that option. When I did it manually the non-exclusive option appeared.

Niels

Archived