Equiptment

FotoFinishMe

I have been looking over some of the amazing shots on alamy but cant see anyway of seeing any information on the settings or equipment used to take the shots, is this possible?

And also how many of you carry your camera with you at all times just in case that shot may appear?

Tel

Alamy doesn't supply information about equipment, settings, etc. It would make them look like a photo club. It doesn't really make any difference what camera someone is using. I often take a camera with me just in case. Since I switched to using small mirrorless Sony cameras, it's a lot easier to do so.

I get antsy if I do not have my camera with me - or at least in the car so I can run and get it.  I start imagining the legendary scene of Elvis riding Shergar out of a UFO in front of me. Mind you there have been some noticable happenings when I have had the camera as well - like some the lads in evening dress riding camels down the road a few years ago (turned out it was school prom night and you can hire a company that parks up, loads you on to the camel and leads you to your destination - who knew?)   or recently a serious RTC I managed to catch out the window of the car (I was passenger) which went straight to my local news guy.

From a quick look at the images you have on Alamy you appear to be doing OK and not really in need of technical help.:)

Allan

16 hours ago, FotoFinishMe said:

I have been looking over some of the amazing shots on alamy but cant see anyway of seeing any information on the settings or equipment used to take the shots, is this possible?

I used to write exposure settings down in my slide file. I stopped after a few weeks because I realised that the only requirement was that they be correct.

That was in 1977.

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

From a quick look at the images you have on Alamy you appear to be doing OK and not really in need of technical help.:)

Allan

Watch out for typos, though. There's a "Wild Dear" in PRC9W2. A Freudian slip perhaps... :D

24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Watch out for typos, though. There's a "Wild Dear" in PRC9W2. A Freudian slip perhaps... :D

Thanks for that I am quite dyslexic :)

I was only asking about the settings because I am still learning and I know when you supply a picture it needs to show the meta data so wasnt sure when you are looking at shots you could see that.

It seems I have a lot to learn.

12 minutes ago, FotoFinishMe said:

Thanks for that I am quite dyslexic :)

I was only asking about the settings because I am still learning and I know when you supply a picture it needs to show the meta data so wasnt sure when you are looking at shots you could see that.

It seems I have a lot to learn.

I'm continually going back and correcting typos in captions, some of the mistakes have been there for years.

20 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm continually going back and correcting typos in captions, some of the mistakes have been there for years.

Surprising how often typos are searched. Usually due to typos by searcher.:D

Allan

Archived