The 40 millionth image

I seem to remember Alamy made a PR splash about the 20 millionth picture so perhaps they'll do the same now - and if not, certainly for the 50th. Statistically, wont it be sourced from an agency?

But on a more mischievous note, will not this latest milestone attract renewed interest for a takeover? Some of us (well, me actually), speculated that the extra 10% we lost last year was a precursor to a sale - a fattening of the pig, as it were.

Richard.

But to be serious....

I think it is very ok. We all can send our images without being discriminated. Off course i am not talking about bad quality images but more for reasons like "we have allready many of this image in our collection". Even if there will be 200 million images on Alamy it will not harm us. Alamy will still work properly.

Bless you Mirco !

Unfortunately the laws of probability spring into action - however I'll bet that uploading is in full flow today and I doubt that your 5,000 wooly portraits will even register !

Edit: Must confess to a measure of interest - my other Mac is ploughing in nine images as we speak.......

40 million images. Ok say it again. 40 MILLION images. 

If Alamy was poundland, they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams, however, they are not, and nor are we, so does that mean there is a lot of customers walking into the shop and not seeing what they like? 

Archived