chris_rabe

Huh. First zoom. Wasn't expecting one yet

Recommended Posts

With just over 100 images and active probably just over a month, I really didn't think I'd be getting any for some time.

 

I don't imagine it will turn into a sale as there were 5 zooms for that session/search, but perhaps there is a 1 in 5 chance, maybe :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done - definitely faster than me I am still waiting for my first zoom.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations...soon there will be sales!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great!

 

Fairly new at this myself and got my first zoom just over a week ago. Didn't turn into a sale unfortunately, but, hey-ho, onwards and upwards.

 

Keep believing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Brizbee said:

Fairly new at this myself and got my first zoom just over a week ago. Didn't turn into a sale unfortunately, but, hey-ho, onwards and upwards.

Zooms often take months to turn into reported sales.  Don't despair just yet. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean to be cynical but getting excited over a zoom?...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brasilnut said:

I don't mean to be cynical but getting excited over a zoom?...

I did when they first started showing up..lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

I don't mean to be cynical but getting excited over a zoom?...

For me, and I am guessing other newbies, a zoom would be a clear indication that my images are "there", actually good enough to spark a viewers interest and attention, that my keywording is correct (I have a weird mind that tends to be slightly off from other people when describing things and what seems obvious to me leaves others looking puzzled) and that I am getting things right.  For a newbie that sort of confirmation is worth getting excited about.  Maybe not as much as a sale but still a good indication they are on the right path.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always good to see zooms, at least someone has taken at least a fleeting interest. Waiting to see if they turn into sales is something else.

Of the few sales I've made, very few were previously zoomed. All the other sales came 'out of the blue'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

I don't mean to be cynical but getting excited over a zoom?...

 

I thought this myself at first - but then I started looking at stats regarding searches, zooms, sales, etc.

 

I was surprised by how low the CTR was in general on the site, and realised this was going to be a hard slog - so to have gotten one so soon, on an image I actually only took specifically for listing here (Not something I would normally shot at all), was just a small indication to me, personally, that I'm probably doing something right.

 

Or, at least, not completely wrong anyway :)

 

I'll not report any more zooms, but certainly will my first sale :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chris_rabe said:

 

I thought this myself at first - but then I started looking at stats regarding searches, zooms, sales, etc.

 

I was surprised by how low the CTR was in general on the site, and realised this was going to be a hard slog - so to have gotten one so soon, on an image I actually only took specifically for listing here (Not something I would normally shot at all), was just a small indication to me, personally, that I'm probably doing something right.

 

Or, at least, not completely wrong anyway :)

 

I'll not report any more zooms, but certainly will my first sale :)

 

It's tough going here and takes a while, but you'll be well-rewarded for higher fees (on average) than the micros. 

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your zooms and yes it does give an indication your content is viable, I have found recently that some zooms quickly converted into sales within the month of the zoom. Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

 

It's tough going here and takes a while, but you'll be well-rewarded for higher fees (on average) than the micros. 

 

Good luck!

 

Really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another. Again on something I took specifically for here, and not something I would take normally.

 

Must get more photos up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now