Huh. First zoom. Wasn't expecting one yet

chris_rabe

With just over 100 images and active probably just over a month, I really didn't think I'd be getting any for some time.

I don't imagine it will turn into a sale as there were 5 zooms for that session/search, but perhaps there is a 1 in 5 chance, maybe :)

10 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

I don't mean to be cynical but getting excited over a zoom?...

For me, and I am guessing other newbies, a zoom would be a clear indication that my images are "there", actually good enough to spark a viewers interest and attention, that my keywording is correct (I have a weird mind that tends to be slightly off from other people when describing things and what seems obvious to me leaves others looking puzzled) and that I am getting things right.  For a newbie that sort of confirmation is worth getting excited about.  Maybe not as much as a sale but still a good indication they are on the right path.

14 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

I don't mean to be cynical but getting excited over a zoom?...

I thought this myself at first - but then I started looking at stats regarding searches, zooms, sales, etc.

I was surprised by how low the CTR was in general on the site, and realised this was going to be a hard slog - so to have gotten one so soon, on an image I actually only took specifically for listing here (Not something I would normally shot at all), was just a small indication to me, personally, that I'm probably doing something right.

Or, at least, not completely wrong anyway :)

I'll not report any more zooms, but certainly will my first sale :)

11 minutes ago, chris_rabe said:

I thought this myself at first - but then I started looking at stats regarding searches, zooms, sales, etc.

I was surprised by how low the CTR was in general on the site, and realised this was going to be a hard slog - so to have gotten one so soon, on an image I actually only took specifically for listing here (Not something I would normally shot at all), was just a small indication to me, personally, that I'm probably doing something right.

Or, at least, not completely wrong anyway :)

I'll not report any more zooms, but certainly will my first sale :)

It's tough going here and takes a while, but you'll be well-rewarded for higher fees (on average) than the micros. 

Good luck!

Archived