Copyright infringement not just a problem for photographers

It is not just photographers who suffer copyright theft. Now Tesla is at it. Musk's hubris, on many fronts, is making him look a complete burke, and Tesla a laughing stock of dubious capability and ethics.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/27/elon-musk-farting-unicorn-mug-cartoon-tom-edwards

In a knowledge economy we need intellectual property theft to be treated the same as theft of physical property. Make it a criminal offence and enforce the law. So much is blatant the fines could pay for police and the courts!

24 minutes ago, Martin P Wilson said:

It is not just pho0tographers who suffer copyright theft. Now Tesla is at it. Musk's hubris, on many fronts, is making him look a complete burke, and Tesla a laughing stock of dubious capability and ethics.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/27/elon-musk-farting-unicorn-mug-cartoon-tom-edwards

In a knowledge economy we need intellectual property theft to be treated the same as theft of physical property. Make it a criminal offence and enforce the law. So much is blatant the fines could pay for police and the courts!

Hope he gets some big bucks.

Disgusted with Musk - I'm a huge believer in no free work and it sometimes happens to me, but never from such a big company as Tesla.  I hope he gets sued to the hilt - thieving bastard.  :angry:

I for one was looking into electric cars for a possible future replacement for my 11 year old banger and was interested in the new Tesla model 3, which is due out in the UK in 2019.

You can tell Mr Musk that I am no longer interested in buying a car, or anything, from an intellectual property thief.

Allan

This type of behaviour gets reported so often that it's never a surprise anymore, regardless of the size of company doing the infringing. If only they could see the PR benefit of admitting their mistake straight away and doing the right thing by paying the artist. The default response to being caught out always seems to be something along the lines of 'your work isn't any good and not worth paying for'.

It might be time to watch the Harlan Ellison Pay The Writer video on youtube again!

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I for one was looking into electric cars for a possible future replacement for my 11 year old banger and was interested in the new Tesla model 3, which is due out in the UK in 2019.

You can tell Mr Musk that I am no longer interested in buying a car, or anything, from an intellectual property thief.

Allan

Quite. Musk, and others like him, need to understand that their personal behaviour harms their business. Those of us with age in the UK will remember Gerald Ratner's gaffe (comparing his jewelery to a prawn sandwich) - it effectively killed his jewelery chain business almost overnight.

Musk is building up negative press on an almost monthly basis and his business is still not making a profit. Investors are getting decidedly twitchy.

My next car (just bought a new IC one, so it will be about five years or so) will almost certainly be electric, but not Tesla.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Rico said:

Thanks for that.. I hope it was for big $$

if it was for my farting unicorn, you know it would be.

Archived