Trying to understand how people find my images

So I just signed up with Alamy last week. Took some pics over the weekend and uploaded them. Took me a while but finally got to the situation where they are "on sale" with low discoverability.

So my question is why can't I see the pictures from the front end of the site?

And second question is, if submitting for news categories how long does it take for images to become discoverable.  Can't help thinking the news requirements would have moved on by the time any pics I have uploaded and are available for sale.

Apologies for the lack of knowledge of how this works this is my first upload.

40 minutes ago, Chris Moos said:

And second question is, if submitting for news categories how long does it take for images to become discoverable.  Can't help thinking the news requirements would have moved on by the time any pics I have uploaded and are available for sale.

Apologies for the lack of knowledge of how this works this is my first upload.

It sounds like you may have submitted stock images for News. News submissions are a totally different thing. Read about it on Alamy here

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-news-images/how-do-i-upload-to-live-news-feed/

News images don’t go through the usual QC route.

Joseph is quite right.  Although your images say on sale in the image manager they won't show on the website until tomorrow when the database has updated. Don't worry about the low discoverability as it is pretty meaningless.

News images have to be uploaded by a different route, live news rather than stock, and must be less than 24 hours old.  They will go on sale straight away under live news but are only searchable on the general website after a couple of days

Pearl

Chris you also need to have your initial test images accepted through QC before you can submit News. Also (not sure about it things may have changed) but in the "old days" you needed a second accreditation to submit news.

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

Chris you also need to have your initial test images accepted through QC before you can submit News. Also (not sure about it things may have changed) but in the "old days" you needed a second accreditation to submit news.

I believe anyone can submit news now so long as they have had the first 4 images accepted through QC.

Pearl

2 hours ago, Pearl said:

I believe anyone can submit news now so long as they have had the first 4 images accepted through QC.

Pearl

It was 4 some years ago - now  the first submittance should be of 3 images.

I recently had 50+ images accepted as news uploads and they were live within about 20 minutes.  I only passed QC a couple of weeks ago and actually have less non-news images than I uploaded as news and I did not need any second accreditation.

50 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

It was 4 some years ago - now  the first submittance should be of 3 images.

3 or 4 or whatever - it was 10 when I joined but the point is those initial few have to have passed QC first

Pearl

42 minutes ago, Pearl said:

3 or 4 or whatever - it was 10 when I joined but the point is those initial few have to have passed QC first

Exactly so, thanks for the clarification Pearl, but that's the point I was trying to make

Archived