Rechargeable AA batteries - which to buy?

I need to buy more AA rechargeable  batteries - I've used Eneloops and Maha batteries in the past and like the Mahas, but I wondered if anyone knows of anything better that's out there?  Thanks.

I don't know how close Col is to an Ikea, but they charge about £4 for postage and I'd do a lot to avoid having to go in one of those places.

7dayshop have some pretty good offers, delivery to Eire is £1.99.

The Ikea alkaline non=rechargeable come top of the assessment in terms of value. I've used them and they are good. So, I would give their rechargeable ones a go, I doubt they are downhill from the eneloops. What are you wanting to do with them? I used to have a whole raft of rechargeables  but gave them up as more and more of my needs demanded the higher voltage of alkalines. I buy whatever seems the best deal from Battery Station. Their delivery charges are modest. Currently I have several 10x boxes of Industrial Duracell which I'm happy with. Energiser come out high in ratings. The ONLY ones which work in my wife's little  Canon Powershot are Lithium non-rechargeable. Pricy, but all the others give up after a couple of shots. I wouldn't use it for Alamy, but it takes remarkably good shots of paintings for her web-site.

Before anyone berates me on environmental grounds, I am careful about only disposing  of them in dedicated sites

23 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

What are you wanting to do with them?

I use them for my flashguns and my 3 girls steal them for various things - nail polish dryer, gaming controllers, etc... :lol:

Yeh, I've been through the issue of offspring stripping the power out of a range of devices leaving them useless. They are shameless on this issue and can not understand why you should find this a problem. It used to happen with printer cartridges as well until I bought a printer with a unique ink supply.

2 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

Yeh, I've been through the issue of offspring stripping the power out of a range of devices leaving them useless. They are shameless on this issue and can not understand why you should find this a problem. It used to happen with printer cartridges as well until I bought a printer with a unique ink supply.

It drives me mad - they come into my home office with the 'Puss-in-Boots' look and ask in an oh so quiet voice if they can borrow some batteries, promising they'll put them back when they're finished with them.  A few hours later I have to go and retrieve said batteries. :angry:

• 1 month later...

Archived