I'm sure there must be an answer for this but how easy is it to determine how many times an individual image has sold? I would like to easily see which images are selling and which to cull.

Many thanks in advance. BW, John

On your dashboard, go to ‘download sales report.

For date range choose  roughly the date you started on Alamy and also choose date of invoice.

You can then download the csv file and arrange the columns to suit the info you are looking for.

Or go to "Sales History" click on "All". You get a picture as well of each sale.

As mentioned above look out for refunds though.

Allan

Once you have the report in Excel I think you could use the COUNTIF function to count how many times an image has been sold. But it will also return refunds. 

I import the data into an Excel spreadsheet in a similar format to the downloaded CSV from the reporting screen.  Analysis is then performed using pivot tables and other data analysis tools.  I exclude any refunds on import so they don't affect the results.

Many thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions. All useful but somewhat labour intensive. I was hoping that there might be a tool tucked away somewhere that facilitated without having to take into Excel etc. Would this be something useful for Alamy to work on do you think?

VBW, John

On 27/05/2018 at 16:57, Jansos said:

Would this be something useful for Alamy to work on do you think?

VBW, John

Why would Alamy do the work for you?!?

Once you’ve downloaded the excel file it’s easy to keep it updated every month.

I also use it to calculate our  Dacs claim.

Archived