QC and submission process

To avoid having a lot of photos rejected due to one in the bunch not passing QC  I have been dividing my photos up into 5-6 per submission and making several submissions.  Each submission has been given a number.   Now I find that may not work, as two recent submissions were rejected due to one photo in one of them not passing QC because of the camera I used.   I don't think this is fair, to reject all the submissions made on the same day.  And I have no idea how long I have to wait to avoid having future submissions rejected.  Anyone run into this??? 

I have found recently that Alamy QC are doing a fantastic job of quick review times, so I only submit one entry per day and wait for that acceptance before sending another batch normally this is less than 24 hours. I also tend to limit my submission size to twenty photos on average these days and really check them thoroughly. My smallest sensor size is a Sony RX10 and Sony RX100 I would not try anything smaller than a “one inch” sensor.

It has always been like this. It is Alamy policy and makes sense for the Alamy model where they don't QC for content, just basic technique. If a submission fails, then all subsequent submissions fail. I guess it is to prevent people submitting substandard material that needs to be checked by a QC person thereby potentially wasting a QC person's time (not good business practice). It stops people playing the system by making numerous submissions. You have said it yourself really "To avoid having a lot of photos rejected due to one in the bunch not passing QC  I have been dividing my photos up into 5-6 per submission and making several submissions."

Looking at your photos, you have some nice pics and you should not really be afraid of failing QC. It is simple really - get your basic technique right (presumably you have) and use gear that is fit for purpose. Don't submit pictures taken on substandard gear if that is what Alamy is telling you. 

EDIT: Just a thought from looking at your images in relation to your post and wondering why you should be worried about failing QC. A lot of your images are a bit too dark (not reaching the white end of the histogram where they should be) suggesting either you have your screen too bright and/or you are consistently underexposing in camera - this is not related to potential QC failure as they are not too far off but it is an obvious and definite tendency so worth thinking about. 

• 1 month later...

I use Lightroom to check for dust spots which, if you enable "Visualise spots" seems pretty foolproof. Over the last six weeks I have sent 21 submissions with 800 images in total all problem free. Like Normspics I find Alamy are doing a great job just now (thank you team) and I only send a new batch when the last one has been approved. I shoot Fuji X now but images uploaded include both Canon and Leica shots as I am catching up on back catalogue having practically stopped submitting due to the health issue.

As said before, this is the normal process in Alamy QC. 

Alamy's guide on  how to pass QC is definitely worth reading before submission as is the QC section in the FAQ and the documents that it links to. 

Ensure to  check all pictures before  submission at 100% according to these guidelines and you should not encounter any QC fails. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Not intentionally they don't. Only for live news or stockimo. You really shouldn't upload any images taken with a phone.

Geoff. 

+1

No mobile phone shots uploaded via the stock route.

24 minutes ago, Fahd Khan said:

I did, I don't know, intentionally or not, I uploaded a batch of 3 to 4 pics all taken by my Huawei P10...and no issue with QC.

I have no plan to provoke QC team...they are doing great...

Well, they make not be "doing great" for much longer if you keep uploading phone pix. You'll be storing up trouble for yourself...

50 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Well, they make not be "doing great" for much longer if you keep uploading phone pix. You'll be storing up trouble for yourself...

I have no intentions to upload mobile pics...Fujifilm is doing good for me...

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

I have heard of QC passing images and then changing their minds (possibly after reading a forum post? I don't remember).

People shouldn't upload what they think they can get away with, but what looks good and professional at 100%. There's already far too much rubbish available that clogs up the database, in my opinion. The guidelines spell out very clearly what is and isn't acceptable, but I don't think many new contributors read them.

Geoff.

You are absolutely right about guidelines...Sir.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Assuming they are not yet on sale, please consider deleting the phone images. They may give rise to a complaint from a buyer who assumes that they are of the usual quality and they are not.

Even if they are on sale, it still might be a good idea to delete them.

John.

Archived