Second sale on Alamy!

MichaelG

40 minutes ago, MichaelG said:

wow really nothing since 2013??? :o 

It looks like he originally only uploaded 9 photos and waited years before doing more. I suspect it is not as bad as it seems and he will sell. My opinion.

Paulette

34 minutes ago, NYCat said:

It looks like he originally only uploaded 9 photos and waited years before doing more. I suspect it is not as bad as it seems and he will sell. My opinion.

Paulette

You’re right. I passed start up QC in 2013 then put in a few submissions which all failed and I didnt understand why so I got disillusioned and gave up. I decided to try again this summer and all but that first set have been added this year. 

3 hours ago, ACC said:

You’re right. I passed start up QC in 2013 then put in a few submissions which all failed and I didnt understand why so I got disillusioned and gave up. I decided to try again this summer and all but that first set have been added this year. 

that explains it... my path was exactly the same. Got discouraged for exactly the same reason few years back by another agency and never looked back until this year... 

anyway good luck ACC! hope you will get your first sale soon and more soon after that!

all the best 

Micheal  

8 hours ago, MichaelG said:

that explains it... my path was exactly the same. Got discouraged for exactly the same reason few years back by another agency and never looked back until this year... 

anyway good luck ACC! hope you will get your first sale soon and more soon after that!

all the best 

Micheal  

thanks 😄

Angela

Exactly the same path for me too. I joined Alamy in 2014 without uploading images .   Then decided to try to pass QC this summer but failed my 2 first submissions : one because there was a problem with upload : only 2 files of  3 where uploaded, and the second because of 'no meta data' reason for one file (in fact there was metadata in all 3 files so I did not understand). Finally I passed QC in september. My target is to reach 1000 images before the end of year; and mainly exclusive images... I think I'll make it happen but I am still waiting for my first sale. Wait (work) and see...

On 12/9/2017 at 17:52, Southmind said:

Exactly the same path for me too. I joined Alamy in 2014 without uploading images .   Then decided to try to pass QC this summer but failed my 2 first submissions : one because there was a problem with upload : only 2 files of  3 where uploaded, and the second because of 'no meta data' reason for one file (in fact there was metadata in all 3 files so I did not understand). Finally I passed QC in september. My target is to reach 1000 images before the end of year; and mainly exclusive images... I think I'll make it happen but I am still waiting for my first sale. Wait (work) and see...

It will! patience is the key to success ;) Good Luck!  

12 hours ago, Ceri Breeze said:

I would be interested to know how many images you get approved in a typical month, and do you always achieve the green discoverability flag? Thanks in advance. Regards

Ceri

There's a lot of discussion on discoverability, search the forum, but the consensus is that it isn't too important and certainly has no impact on search position. 

14 hours ago, Ceri Breeze said:

I would be interested to know how many images you get approved in a typical month, and do you always achieve the green discoverability flag? Thanks in advance. Regards

Ceri

Some months I won't upload anything and others maybe 40-50. I almost never achieve green status. I don't think it matters and it can hurt your ranking to over keyword using irrelevant tags.

On 12/14/2017 at 20:26, Ceri Breeze said:

Ceri

Hi Ceri, 

I am trying to upload regularly if the time allows and it is sometimes 100 sometimes 10... but really only started to be systematic last moth so I am still consider myself as a newbie here... and i do try get the bar green in most cases... i would have around 30% images with orange bar but i`m slowly getting back at them whenever i have time. 

Best Regards 

Michael  

• 2 weeks later...

You are so right Sultanpepa about over key wording,as sometimes the words are not even relevant to the photo,being a newbie myself on here with not many photos yet ,i am starting to only put key words that relate to my photo,and as yet still waiting for a sale maybe this year when i get myself a new camera! and just to say a well done to everyone when they get a sale.

Archived