Amount charged by Alamy for images

Alamy has just sold an image of mine for $3.41.  I was under the impression, according to the rubric by individual images, that the cheapest selling price - for personal use and presentation/newsletters -  is £9.99, some six times more than Alamy appear to have charged a buyer for my image (note the selling price was in dollars!).  Can anyone explain this apparent anomaly, or justify such a meagre sum.  I know every little helps, but this is getting close to insulting!

Will Perrett

17 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

As for the PU sale, it may have sold before you opted out.  Just not reported until recently.

Jill

No, Alamy have said our image was included by mistake! They generously waived their 50%commission.

4 hours ago, will perrett said:

Alamy has just sold an image of mine for $3.41.  I was under the impression, according to the rubric by individual images, that the cheapest selling price - for personal use and presentation/newsletters -  is £9.99, some six times more than Alamy appear to have charged a buyer for my image (note the selling price was in dollars!).  Can anyone explain this apparent anomaly, or justify such a meagre sum.  I know every little helps, but this is getting close to insulting!

Will Perrett

Ridiculous,! Just had my lowest ever,  mine was Serbia?

My largest single sales from a well known micro, compared to my biggest sale from alamy on that month. From the micro agency I'm excluding all other hundreds of smaller sales, even if many of those smaller sales are still higher than the rest I get from alamy.

August:

Known Micro agency (highest net sales): 35.17$ / 19.05$ / 18.95$ / 17.66$ / 14.27$

Alamy highest sale (net): 19.14$

September:

Known Micro agency (highest net sales): 91.86$ / 66.85$ / 31.21$ / 29.85$

Alamy highest sale (net): 15.02$

October:

Known Micro agency (highest net sales): 94.67$ / 22.67$ / 18.06$ / 16.14$

Alamy highest sale (net): 11.87$

November (so far):

Known Micro agency (highest net sales):  81.17$ / 56.31$ / 14.82$

Alamy highest sale (net): 11.33$

I don't have a clue about what alamy sales team is doing, but when a micro agency is able to license images for those prices and alamy only sells them for a fraction, something very wrong is happening.

20 minutes ago, Jose Elias said:

My largest single sales from a well known micro, compared to my biggest sale from alamy on that month. From the micro agency I'm excluding all other hundreds of smaller sales, even if many of those smaller sales are still higher than the rest I get from alamy.

August:

Known Micro agency (highest net sales): 35.17$ / 19.05$ / 18.95$ / 17.66$ / 14.27$

Alamy highest sale (net): 19.14$

September:

Known Micro agency (highest net sales): 91.86$ / 66.85$ / 31.21$ / 29.85$

Alamy highest sale (net): 15.02$

October:

Known Micro agency (highest net sales): 94.67$ / 22.67$ / 18.06$ / 16.14$

Alamy highest sale (net): 11.87$

November (so far):

Known Micro agency (highest net sales):  81.17$ / 56.31$ / 14.82$

Alamy highest sale (net): 11.33$

I don't have a clue about what alamy sales team is doing, but when a micro agency is able to license images for those prices and alamy only sells them for a fraction, something very wrong is happening.

Let me ask about what micro is the comparison is ??

What agency are you talking about ???

5 hours ago, will perrett said:

Will Perrett

2 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

So did I - Hungary- and I will be at this rate ! 

That's weird maybe it was an East European special offer, my Serbian one was the same price

• Alamy locked this topic

Hi everyone

This thread is now locked as the Alamy forum is not the place to discuss competitor pricing (please read our guidelines). We also think the discussion is painting the wrong picture as our average licence price is £50. Images sold through distribution make up 15% of our sales, which make it worth while as an additional revenue for most photographers. 

Thanks

Alamy

Archived