Hello everyone,

I'm searching in the forum about my question but I don't find nothing about it, so here I go. I would like to ask you how you declare your Alamy revenues. I mean, when I contacted to Alamy to ask about their fiscal data, they said me that they don't process invoices from contributors. So, how can I declare these payments? In Spain, the freelance photographers, we need to declare our revenues with bills (I think in other countries too, but I don't know).

Thank you in advance :)

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Th

They don't.

I guess that if, under 'Account Settings' > 'Your Payment Info', you have notified Alamy that you are registered for VAT, then you will receive this automatically? Otherwise not. 

11 hours ago, losdemas said:

I guess that if, under 'Account Settings' > 'Your Payment Info', you have notified Alamy that you are registered for VAT, then you will receive this automatically? Otherwise not. 

This is correct.

However, I'm rather surprised to hear that they don't issue one to everyone, because any payments you receive from Alamy are declarable income regardless of your VAT status, and so I would have thought they should have an invoice of some sort as documentary evidence.

Alan

5 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

This is correct.

However, I'm rather surprised to hear that they don't issue one to everyone, because any payments you receive from Alamy are declarable income regardless of your VAT status, and so I would have thought they should have an invoice of some sort as documentary evidence.

Alan

Alan - Totally agree, I assumed - wrongly - everyone got the self billing invoice and if required it had the VAT element

41 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

This is correct.

Alan

For VAT, yes, you need and get one, but for income tax, you don't need an invoice. A net revenue statement with the "date paid" figures is quite adequate together with a bank statement. They're only looked at if you're investigated and below a certain turnover you can submit three-line accounts anyway. The Revenue haven't seen a document of mine for 15 years.

Hi Ainara,

I work in Spain.  I give an invoice each month to my gestor with a heading which reads "Factura no sujeta a IVA Según el Articulo 70 Apartado 1-4 de le ley de IVA"

The body of the invoice reads, "Fotos de Ken Welsh archivados por Alamy y vendidos por Alamy en mes y año."  That  followed by the sum received.  Hacienda seem content with that.  No problems after ten years.

Hope this helps.

Ken

On 8/3/2017 at 10:18, spacecadet said:

For VAT, yes, you need and get one, but for income tax, you don't need an invoice. A net revenue statement with the "date paid" figures is quite adequate together with a bank statement. They're only looked at if you're investigated and below a certain turnover you can submit three-line accounts anyway. The Revenue haven't seen a document of mine for 15 years.

+1

Unless you're income is over the VAT threshold and even Keith's probably isn't, in UK/Welsh terms, there is no need to worry about VAT, but as Spacecadet has said, any self employed income in the UK anyway, goes into any earning pot you have, regardless of Self Employed, pension or whatever, So whatever applies in your country of residence regarding VAT & Tax

Archived