The Washington Post Sale

In America, The Washington Post has been one of the two most important newspapers in modern times; the other being The New York Times. 

Yesterday the Graham family sold their newspaper, their company, to Jeff Bezos of Amazon. 

What do you think, folks?

Ed

As a life long resident of the DC area, I delivered the paper as a kid, have read it all my reading life and have had photos published in it, I was shocked to hear the news. But then I paused and thought this could be a good thing. All I can do is take a wait and see approach....print newspapers cannot last forever. Not sure who will die first, The Post or me.

Unclear what it's going to mean for the WP, but I wish he'd buy one of our Murdoch Mouthpieces newspapers, but I guess Mr Murdoch ain't selling. Shame.

dd

Unclear what it's going to mean for the WP, but I wish he'd buy one of our Murdoch Mouthpieces newspapers, but I guess Mr Murdoch ain't selling. Shame.

dd

DITTO in the UK.

Allan

I'm amazed that anyone would want to buy a newspaper these days. Perhaps Amazon was feeling nostalgic.

John, I know you comment was tongue in cheek but just to be clear, Amazon, the company, did not buy the WP but Jeff Bezos, the creator of Amazon.com, bought the WP with his own money.

I'm amazed that anyone would want to buy a newspaper these days. Perhaps Amazon was feeling nostalgic.

John, I know you comment was tongue in cheek but just to be clear, Amazon, the company, did not buy the WP but Jeff Bezos, the creator of Amazon.com, bought the WP with his own money.

Got it. Do you think that Mr Bezos might like to buy some photos as well?

The Post was the first large publication I did assignments for. In my opinion

it is one of the most important "NEWSPAPERs" in the U.S. I do hope

that Bezos does a good job as owner. News publishing have been on a

downhill slide since NEWSWEEK's demise and the worst is the WSJ's

ownership by Murdock.

Archived