The First Of The Month Payday

kimba

It's frustrating enough to have to wait to meet the minimum payout required, but when a payout is due and the the first of the month has come and gone and nothing has happened and the pay is still sitting in my Alamy account rather than my bank account ... grrr.

Do I have to press a button somewhere? This has almost never automagically happened on the actual first of the month. 

Payment depends on how you have chosen to be paid and where you are in the world.  I am in Canada and payment usually arrives in my Paypal account sometime between the 10th and 15th of the month.  If you are in the UK, it will ujust be a few days.

Jill

I am rather impatient when people say they are going to pay on a certain day and then they don't.

It seems like Alamy doesn't have this set up as an automated system? It shouldn't matter what day of the week the 1st falls on.

I did just get an email saying they paid it out - but it's already the 3rd. 

10 minutes ago, kimba said:

It shouldn't matter what day of the week the 1st falls on.

Shouldn't it? I don't tell Alamy how to run their business, or how the banking system should work.

Do your banks work at the weekend? Ours don't.

When the first is a working day, Alamy pays out on that day. It then takes a few days to reach your account which is out of Alamy's control..

No-one is failing to do something they said they have done. The date on the dashboard, however, is automated. It self-corrects when the first falls on a weekend.

People, I didn't ask the question to get trolled. I just wanted to know if I needed to push a button. 

FWIW, yes, our banks are open on Saturdays. In the US, in the tech sector (don't know about the others) if a payday falls on a weekend, the payout usually happens on the Friday before. 

Since you are in the US, you probably won't see payment till the same as I do here in Canada.  Since it isn't a payday (you aren't an employee of Alamy) then that wouldn't apply here.  Banks in Canada  are also open on Saturday, but all transactions are still Monday to Friday.  So any deposits to your account on a Saturday will not be processed til Monday.

I know when I transfer money from my Paypal account, it never gets deposited to my account until the Monday, same with my credit card processor, Friday sales don't get credited to my account until Monday.

Jill

34 minutes ago, kimba said:

... grrr.

It shouldn't matter what day of the week the 1st falls on.

People say they are going to pay on a certain day and then they don't.

I didn't ask the question to get trolled.

Never been called that before and it isn't appreciated.

You were being rather persistent about things not being arranged for your convenience and we call a spade a spade here.

5 hours ago, kimba said:

I am rather impatient when people say they are going to pay on a certain day and then they don't.

It seems like Alamy doesn't have this set up as an automated system? It shouldn't matter what day of the week the 1st falls on.

I did just get an email saying they paid it out - but it's already the 3rd. 

I just received my payment email this morning. Hopefully it will reach my account by the end of the week. As others have said, it was a weekend and even though my bank, Chase, is open on Saturday they don't process outgoing payments until Monday (today.)  Add in the 4th of July holiday and it could easily take a bit longer than usual.

By comparison, I just received an email apology from another agency, who apparently, didn't report sales or pay photographers in June because too many opted for PayPal. Their threshold for payment is $100 so by comparison I think Alamy is doing pretty well.

fotoDogue, I think Alamy does right by its photographers. Other than saying they are sending payments on the first of the month when they actually mean any day after the first of the month. Sometimes Alamy is the only cash I have coming in for the month, so it's kind of a huge deal. I've been paid a number of times by Alamy, so I do know that it takes a few days to process once it's been sent - the bank transfer times are fairly fast with Wells, often times they are in my bank account for a day or two before the bank sends me an email, so I always check the account.

I did get the email later today after this thread was already started. 

22 hours ago, arterra said:

Of all the agencies I work with (and that's a lot) Alamy is the first to pay.

"Patience" isn't your middle name, is it? ^_^

Cheers,

Philippe

Totally and 100% agree ..................

06-07-2017 here in Holland too.

Past payment dates:

06-06-2017
08-05-2017
06-04-2017
06-03-2017
06-02-2017
09-01-2017

05-12-2016
03-11-2016
06-10-2016
05-09-2016
03-08-2016
06-07-2016
03-06-2016
05-05-2016
05-04-2016
03-03-2016
03-02-2016
07-01-2016

The main delay seems to be it's an American bank.

Here money transfers are a split-second affair. And free. In the US not so much. Don't know about the UK.

The difference between the amount on the Balance of account page and the amount in my bank account can be as high as 30 Euros, but usually is around 15 Euros.

Since a year or two I record not just the amount of money on that page and in my account, but also the date it arrives and the amounts according to the official rate on that day. Plus the amount according to the official rate at the first of the month. This month was rare in that the rate on the 6th was better than that one on the 1st.

Keeping them honest as Anderson Cooper says. ;-)

wim

I don't think It's just because it's an American bank but rather the method of payment. Mine comes in via ACH Deposit which is free on my end. We can do wire transfers just like anyone else but there's a fee. There are several other instantaneous payment methods like QuickPay but, as far as I know, they're only used within the continental US. Not that I'm complaining.  I'm perfectly happy to wait a few days.

Archived