about discoverability

I would love to make all my photos on sale in a good discoverability, but i am having hard time like do i need to put keywords that is not even related to the picture ofcourse not so other of my photos is poor discoverability, am i gonna make sale if most of my photos are in a orange line poor discoverability?Can you give me an advice please check my photos and see if im doin fine.

How about you do you make sale if your photos is in poor discoverability?

The general consensus is that the discoverability bar makes no sense. Just keep making keywords / tags relevant and don't worry about it.

All of my images currently have "poor discoverability" and will probably remain that way.

Hopefully, at some point Alamy will clarify what they have in mind with this new feature.

"Discoverability" is software thing.   Script code that makes thins determination has very simple algorithm (tags + optional data + super tags + ..) > <some arbitrary threshold that might change in the future anyways>.    In other words it is just artificial number and like somebody said above actually encourages spamming.

I'd probably suggest keeping the concept, but lower # of tags from min 40 where it is now I think to 20 or 25;  most images if not all can be described in detail like that.

Its probably 2 years since I added any files and i have never gone back and entered or changed any keywords. All my images are classed as poor discoverability yet in the past 12 months my CTR has been around 0.9 be fore falling gradually to 0.5 and then over the last 3 months rising to 1.1 whilst sales have continued to rise year on year as revenue has continued to fall in line with the price reductions. 

At the moment i can see no milage in playing Alamys latest game which appears to be simply change for changes sake.

Regen

"Discoverability" is software thing.   Script code that makes thins determination has very simple algorithm (tags + optional data + super tags + ..) > <some arbitrary threshold that might change in the future anyways>.    In other words it is just artificial number and like somebody said above actually encourages spamming.

I'd probably suggest keeping the concept, but lower # of tags from min 40 where it is now I think to 20 or 25;  most images if not all can be described in detail like that.

Excellent suggestion. Hopefully someone is listening.

Archived