Total images in new IM incorrect?

Failed submissions is not useful information.  Total number of images correctly uploaded is. Also total number of images on sale.  

It is also not possible to bring up images that are not on sale. That was part of my work process before and now I can't call up anything I have not captioned. 

Can we have a facility to see  total number of images on sale. And those not on sale (not the ones don't have enough spam tags). 

It's hard to believe that this was properly tested before it went live.  

The new AIM counts all images you've submitted, including those rejected by QC.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Don't failed images fall into the "alternative facts" category?

P.S. Are you sure about this? I'm certain that I don't have almost 500 failed images. My QC record has been pretty good over the years. I guess this total must count every single image -- not just the specific ones that were rejected -- in the failed submissions. Still...

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Don't failed images fall into the "alternative facts" category?

P.S. Are you sure about this? I'm certain that I don't have almost 500 failed images. My QC record has been pretty good over the years. I guess this total must count every single image -- not just the specific ones that were rejected -- in the failed submissions. Still...

It includes every image submitted, so those you have deleted from your port and any where you may have deleted in MI before they went on sale.  I know I had a bunch of images at a time when our submissions weren't showing so I had re-uploaded images to find I had duplicate uploads.  So I deleted all the duplicates.

Jill

Maybe they're Alternate Images?

Yes I also noticed AIM showed I have about 600 images more than the number I know I have on sale. When I scrolled back to 2009 I found all of my failed submissions. Maybe there are some deleted images too?

AIM indicates I have 3922 images but when I click on the number in my profile I get 3377 which seems like a big difference. Did I really fail that many times?

Either way, I agree with Marc. It's not useful information. I'd much rather see the total number of images I have on sale.

fD

Email from Alamy:

"This is not something which we are currently looking to introduce to AIM however, we have forwarded this feedback onto the relevant colleague for any future updates."

What was the question?

:D with you, John....:D

• 2 weeks later...

It's just a completely pointless thing to do - why would I want to know how many images have failed or been deleted?

If they insist on telling us that figure then surely they should tell us how many images we have on sale as that is of far more interest to us.

John.

It's just a completely pointless thing to do - why would I want to know how many images have failed or been deleted?

If they insist on telling us that figure then surely they should tell us how many images we have on sale as that is of far more interest to us.

John.

Just click on "passed QC". That number is the same as on your homepage

John.

Just click on "passed QC". That number is the same as on your homepage

Thanks Mark, but it would be good if the figure was still on the dashboard.

John.

Archived