Is there any way of making the caption field non searchable?

Like Mark said, the caption should not include irrelevant details.

There's an Additional Info field in the new Image Manager which I'm guessing is a replacement for the old Description field, in which case it shouldn't be searchable.

Alan

For clarity, the caption in question was "90003 with the 16:00 Norwich-Liverpool Street service at Brantham on the 25/10/2010" and is completely relevant to the image. However it meant the image showed up in a search for "Norwich High Street"! Previously I would have used the second "editorial" description field for a detailed caption but this has now gone.

Previously I would have used the second "editorial" description field for a detailed caption but this has now gone.

You mean the non-searchable description that the old tool had? It's still there on the new AIM.. on the 'optional' tab.. it's the 'Additional Information' field. Click where it says 'Tell us more about your image' and type your description there.

Very much hope it remains searchable, as problems with the new search engine and IM appear to abound. The caption normally includes the best description of the image, don't want to lose that!

I have mentioned elsewhere that I would like the pseudo and location taken out of the IM search, and made optional like they are in the customer search tool as they do bring about false positives.

For clarity, the caption in question was "90003 with the 16:00 Norwich-Liverpool Street service at Brantham on the 25/10/2010" and is completely relevant to the image. However it meant the image showed up in a search for "Norwich High Street"! Previously I would have used the second "editorial" description field for a detailed caption but this has now gone.

You have "high speed" in the tags. 

It is useful to have stuff in the caption that you don't want coming up in searches. Any search for a particular tennis player, for example, will bring up other players because the caption mentions who they were playing against. That's potentially useful info to the person using the image but counter-productive for searches. That's the kind of thing to put in the optional 'additional info' field.

I once saw an article about the death of Elena Baltacha and the picture used to illustrate it was the WRONG PLAYER - who happened to be playing Elena when the picture was taken. Not the photographers fault, certainly, but....

Archived