How do you get to old images in new IM

Hi All

How do you get to earlier submissions other than scrolling down which takes ages on a slow connection. (30 seconds a page at least)

Also have you noticed the graphics are dodgy on the location field on hi Rez displays. 

Regards

Jon

Do an Alamy advanced search using your name in the contributor box and a keyword in another field.  Have the IM open in a separate window. You can copy the keywords directly. Well I can at least on a Mac but some of the PC guys say they can't without removing carriage returns in a text editor. I'm not saying I like it - I  don't but it's a workaround. Now if they would make it possible to delete all the existing keywords with a single click, that would really help.

Tried that doesn't seem to work

Jon

You won't see a change in the images shown in the central box but if you look at the bar on the left, you will see your submissions listed in date order - just click on one of those boxes.

Do an Alamy advanced search using your name in the contributor box and a keyword in another field.  Have the IM open in a separate window. You can copy the keywords directly. Well I can at least on a Mac but some of the PC guys say they can't without removing carriage returns in a text editor. I'm not saying I like it - I  don't but it's a workaround. Now if they would make it possible to delete all the existing keywords with a single click, that would really help.

That doesn't seem to work either can't copy and paste the keywords over will try with my multi monitor set up later on. 

Btw Mac has latest software on .

Thanks 

Jon

That doesn't seem to work either can't copy and paste the keywords over will try with my multi monitor set up later on. 

Thanks 

Jon

It definitely does work. Find the image, copy keywords by clicking, dragging, cmd-c, go to IM window and cmd-v into the add tags box. Firefox and Safari

Thanks 

Jon

It definitely does work. Find the image, copy keywords by clicking, dragging, cmd-c, go to IM window and cmd-v into the add tags box.

OK ill try again but no luck so far .

thanks Jon

Thanks 

Jon

It definitely does work. Find the image, copy keywords by clicking, dragging, cmd-c, go to IM window and cmd-v into the add tags box. Firefox and Safari

I stand corrected. Must try that later

Thxs

Hi All

When I scroll down to an image I want to copy a title from it just says Multiple values . Also it screws up the keywords from capture one into what seems to be a random order .

its supposed to make things faster not double the work.

Jon

That really doesn't make sense. I'm now intrigued. A few things to try.

1. Can you paste any text into the Add New Tags box? For example, type a few keywords separated by commas in TextEdit and try copying and pasting. I'm sure that must work. Assuming you can do that try step 2.

2. Copy some keywords from one of your images in general Alamy search and paste then into TextEdit.  Use a new document and, rather than a simple paste, go Paste and Match Style which should paste as text rather than hyperlinks. 

I'm still using ElCapitan but I doubt that it is due to a minor difference in the OS.

1. Can you paste any text into the Add New Tags box? For example, type a few keywords separated by commas in TextEdit and try copying and pasting. I'm sure that must work. Assuming you can do that try step 2.

2. Copy some keywords from one of your images in general Alamy search and paste then into TextEdit.  Use a new document and, rather than a simple paste, go Paste and Match Style which should paste as text rather than hyperlinks. 

I'm still using ElCapitan but I doubt that it is due to a minor difference in the OS.

Of course all that works, if you use the right syntax:

plain text; commas, 4 words or 30 characters which ever comes first.

However if you have a 30 character keyword or keyphrase, use a blank space + comma at the end, otherwise the last character will be cut off.

wim

However if you have a 30 character keyword or keyphrase, use a blank space + comma at the end, otherwise the last character will be cut off.

wim

Yes I'm sure it does work but so does simple one step copy and paste on a Mac so I can't figure why Jon is having problems. I've just upgraded my laptop to MacOs Sierra and it works on that too so it's nothing to do with the OS. Mystery.

wim

Yes I'm sure it does work but so does simple one step copy and paste on a Mac so I can't figure why Jon is having problems. I've just upgraded my laptop to MacOs Sierra and it works on that too so it's nothing to do with the OS. Mystery.

My guess is that it's the commas.

wim

Hi All

How do you get to earlier submissions other than scrolling down which takes ages on a slow connection. (30 seconds a page at least)

Also have you noticed the graphics are dodgy on the location field on hi Rez displays. 

Regards

Jon

You can compress the submission list by clicking the downarrow next to each year, this makes it much quicker to navigate to a given submission (providing you know which year it was submitted in). It's a shame the submission list doesn't start off compressed for all years apart from the current year, and/or remember how you left it when restarting. 

Location field is dodgy for me too.

Archived