Hello Everyone,

I am uploading my photos ... I only have 9 now ... But, I am afraid that my photos are not that type of most wanted for agencies of which Alamy is dealing with ... So, can u please check my photos and give me more keywording ... Ideas to shoot ... I live in GAZA Strip ... And it is not easy to shot every where :( ...

SO any ideas ??? !!!

Hi Mutasem, I think photos documenting everyday life in Gaza would sell well, but since most buyers will be in the UK / US, try to add more context to the description and keywords like a news photo... who, what, where, when.

For example the graffiti, what does it say in English, who may have written it (is it political for instance?), is there any relevance to the location etc.

Also would be good to get more people in the photos, such as the boat worker - a wider shot with the man and the boat would illustrate a magazine article better than the close crop.

Hope you do well here.

Cheers,

David

I think that you have some interesting images. However, be careful to accurately describe the content of your images in the captions. For instance, HEFY7F isn't really a picture of a Palestinian worker. The grinding or cutting tool is actually the main subject. Also, what kind of boat is pictured in HETH7C? I'm sure you get the idea...

Good luck.

P.S. A search for "Gaza" on Alamy brings up over 270,000 images. That's a lot of competition. You will have to upload many more images before you will be able to judge how well yours are going to do.

Thanx ... But, what about promoting ... should i open an account in wordpress,tumblr,instagram and facebook or any other social media service to drive good exposure ... it is very time consuming ...

Serious images buyers don't do their shopping on social media. Personally, I would spend the time on uploading more images and keywording and captioning them accurately.

MA, I don't do social media. Walking on the street here in NYC, I seem to be one of the only people who are observing things without my face buried in a screen. 

In the Gaza, in Palestine, the political situation seems obvious as a subject. But I can understand it if you want to avoid that. I've cover three wars, and I do not see that anything was accomplished from my doing that. 

Regarding subjects, I've never been to most of Palestine (I was on both sides of the gate in Jerusalem). I would love to see what the life and the atmosphere is like. What do you eat? Show me.  :)

MA, I don't do social media. Walking on the street here in NYC, I seem to be one of the only people who are observing things without my face buried in a screen. 

In the Gaza, in Palestine, the political situation seems obvious as a subject. But I can understand it if you want to avoid that. I've cover three wars, and I do not see that anything was accomplished from my doing that. 

Regarding subjects, I've never been to most of Palestine (I was on both sides of the gate in Jerusalem). I would love to see what the life and the atmosphere is like. What do you eat? Show me.  :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px_MG_4895.jpg

In a search for "Gaza food meal" there are only 157 images on Alamy! And not all of them are images of actual food. That's a nice food image you have. Why isn't it in your port? I think you may have a niche right there MA.

Good luck

Davey

You may find that what you expect to sell doesn’t, while images you think don’t stand a chance do. I’ve been guilty of overlooking common, everyday objects / scenes because to me they are nothing special. But for a buyer in another country they could be just what they are looking for.

In a search for "Gaza food meal" there are only 157 images on Alamy! And not all of them are images of actual food. That's a nice food image you have. Why isn't it in your port? I think you may have a niche right there MA.

Good luck

Davey

OK, now I think I have a niche but how to know that people search for gaza food ... ???

I suggest that you go to My Alamy and then to Measures and All of Alamy. In the search box put %Gaza. That will show you all the searches that have been done in the designated time period by regular buyers who have put Gaza in the search.

Paulette

Right! we're interested in seeing what your day-by-day life is. That food looks very tasty, MA -- what is that? Save a little for me. 

And Merry Christmas to you and your's. This is not a religious wish, not Christian coming from me, a non-beliver. It's just a wish that you will have a good life in the future.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  :D

Please include some falafel, hummus, and baba ganoush, three of my favourites from your part of the world.

HAHAHA ... looks like you've been here ... I will try to make it as a professional as it should be ... :)

Right! we're interested in seeing what your day-by-day life is. That food looks very tasty, MA -- what is that? Save a little for me. 

And Merry Christmas to you and your's. This is not a religious wish, not Christian coming from me, a non-beliver. It's just a wish that you will have a good life in the future.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  :D

Happy new year to u too ... :)

Please include some falafel, hummus, and baba ganoush, three of my favourites from your part of the world.

HAHAHA ... looks like you've been here ... I will try to make it as a professional as it should be ... :)

Well, my stomach has been there, but not the rest of me. Fortunately, here in Vancouver there are a lot of Middle Eastern restaurants where I can get my falafel and hummus fixes.

• 2 weeks later...

I like those pictures and I think that you unfortunately need a few hundred more of them.  Keep uploading, revising your key wording, trying to find your images and when you find them among many images from others, refine your key wording by finding what is unique to yours. As many say around in stock it is not a sprint it is an ultra-maraton. 

Archived