My question is about the disproportionately long wait times for rejected batches vs. accepted ones.  When a batch is accepted, it happens roughly within 24 hours.  When it is rejected, it takes nearly a month to find out.  In the meantime, if I submit another while waiting to get my official rejection, the new batch will be summarily rejected with the old one.
Is there a way to submit a new batch for review without running the risk of it getting lumped together with the previous one that is still getting processed?

Thanks.

Is there a way to submit a new batch for review without running the risk of it getting lumped together with the previous one that is still getting processed?

No... But if you give every submission a long, hard look at 100%, you won't need to worry about how long a failed batch takes...

Norman,

You've been submitting for at least five years, and Alamy has always rewarded those with good QC results with fast turnaround times...and punished those who have impending failures with long wait times and lumping in all submissions around the same time with the failing submission as well. The reasons for this have been discussed to death on this new forum as well as the old.

Just do as John suggests above.

Dave

I tend to submit large batches as it suits my modus operandi. My understanding is that QC look at a sample of your images so it should not make much difference whether there is one or more batches. I suspect that the larger the batch/batches the smaller the percentage of the sample of the whole.

dov

I tend to submit large batches as it suits my modus operandi. My understanding is that QC look at a sample of your images so it should not make much difference whether there is one or more batches. I suspect that the larger the batch/batches the smaller the percentage of the sample of the whole.

dov

I would think that Alamy look at say, 20% of images, so it doesn't matter how many you submit, the percentage will always be the same.

John.

Although I concur with the other posters, I do wish that if Alamy fails a batch that they tell the user. Once this is done, their upload rights are blocked until a certain date.

I don't see why this couldn't be possible. It would alleviate all the "have I failed/ have I not failed" questions. Dreamstime do something similar in that if your pass rate is only a certain percentage then you are restricted in the numbers that can sent.

Surely it is something that can sorted out but I suspect is way down their priority list as most people pass QC.

Although I concur with the other posters, I do wish that if Alamy fails a batch that they tell the user. Once this is done, their upload rights are blocked until a certain date.

I don't see why this couldn't be possible. It would alleviate all the "have I failed/ have I not failed" questions. Dreamstime do something similar in that if your pass rate is only a certain percentage then you are restricted in the numbers that can sent.

Surely it is something that can sorted out but I suspect is way down their priority list as most people pass QC.

That's the one change I would like to see as well.I can't see that it would be that difficult technically, after all they must hold a status of "Failed QC, but photographer not yet told" which they could display. 

My question is about the disproportionately long wait times for rejected batches vs. accepted ones.  When a batch is accepted, it happens roughly within 24 hours.  When it is rejected, it takes nearly a month to find out.  In the meantime, if I submit another while waiting to get my official rejection, the new batch will be summarily rejected with the old one.

Thanks.

I suppose that the only way to do this is to upload appropriate images to the "live news" feed. Newsworthy photos taken within the lat 48 hours bypass QC, so I assume they wouldn't get lumped in with failed batches languishing in the QC queue to nowhere.

Every tiny step toward more ease and less inconvenience for someone whose submission fails is a tiny lessening of incentive to get it right in the first place. I'm not sure that is a truly "good" outcome for anyone in the long run.

IMO of course.

dd

No matter If I'm uploading to News or Stock I stick to the rules they have laid out, and I've never had a refused upload. Granted I have a small collection, but If I stick to the formula then I don't worry so much about it. Alamy are actually very forgiving compared to microstock who rip your images to pieces, even on composition, focal point, interest, WB and edit. I guess Alamy think there is an image for everyone, so why not. 

I have always looked at QC as a welcome measure of whether I have got it right.

In the early days I had a few rejections and looked on these as 100% my fault and asked myself what do I have to do to avoid this happening in the future. I learned by my mistakes and have tried not to repeat them. Over the last three years I have had two failures, one of which because I uploaded the wrong batch. My images may not be that great but at least I never worry about QC.

dov

It seems that Alamy don't like many of the answers to this post.

I agree with all who consider a 28 working day a punishment.  This is not a way to run a business, 

It seems to me that Alamy have specified the minimum quality requirements and rightly expect these to be respected. Contributors who frequently fail short of these standards are costing Alamy time and money as these batches need to be rechecked - extra time and cost at no benefit. A further thread seems to be that Alamy should go out of their way to advise delinquent contributors of their failures more promptly. Is this a way to run a business? I think not.

dov

Archived