Finding Published Images

Thanks for the hints. I've tried using Tineye to try to find the image as well with no luck so far. Thinking it may not actually be published yet and hoping I'll have better luck if I keep trying over the next few months. I'm curious to see what the book is about as well. The image was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power with a few bullets laying around it. I'm guessing it's either a book about guns, or a crime novel. :-)

Thanks for the hints. I've tried using Tineye to try to find the image as well with no luck so far. Thinking it may not actually be published yet and hoping I'll have better luck if I keep trying over the next few months. I'm curious to see what the book is about as well. The image was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power with a few bullets laying around it. I'm guessing it's either a book about guns, or a crime novel. :-)

Or maybe something military?

I often get my images used on book covers (not via here). I find that only some pictures/covers show up in the Tineye/Google Image searches.

Book cover designers often just use a segment of the picture (so cropped).  The book jacket text can also alter the image composition/make up. Add in colour casts, montage images, etc. etc. all add to the difficulty of finding your book cover picture.

Sometimes your chosen image is just used on the back cover of that novel, so again harder for the image search engines to find.

A novel published in the USA this summer had a picture of mine on the cover. The image search engines wouldn't have found it as the picture was flipped. Google text found it via a magazine review with my name in it.

Hope you find the book. It's a nice way to see your work being used.

Phil

Archived