Very nice email from Alamy.

Yesterday 7th Nov 2016 I uploaded batch of images to Alamy which I had checked at 100% and they looked fine.

Today 8th Nov 2016 I received the following very nice email indeed.

Hi Allan

Sorry, your submission has failed. Our Quality Control (QC) team found the following problems:

Filename

Rejection reason

Cranes silhouett...ainst sunset.jpg

Soft or lacking definition

Next time, you can make sure your images meet our guidelines by checking them at 100% (actual pixels)

for any technical issues before you upload. We've also made a handy PDF that explains all QC failure

reasons, check it out here.

We love seeing fresh content so why not try again? Get uploading and send us another batch!

upload your next submission now.

I was fully expecting a pass when opening the email then thought WHAT! A notice that my submission had FAILED and only NEXT day. It was also asking me to upload my next submission there and then with no 30 day wait. :)

Gee! Did I feel good? You betcha. :D

The bottom line is that back on 25th July 2016 I have a red fail for which I had to wait the statutory period. And only 13 uploads between then and the 7th Nov. :huh:

Is this a new policy on Alamy's part, or perhaps an early Christmas present. I can only wonder but it is very welcome indeed. :)

A big THANK YOU Alamy, thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Allan

Wow I hope I get one of those. I just canceled my US election shoot as it looks like I have a 30 day ban coming and I don't see them selling a month from now. It will be my first ban in 3 yrs.

Upload your election images via Alamy News: no QC, sin bin immune.

Joe

Thanks Joe I didn't know that, I thought  the ban was for everything . Its a bit late for today I was going to meet my daughter (it was her first time voting for a presidential election). Perhaps I will get a couple "I Voted shots" when she gets back from college. 

Wow I hope I get one of those. I just canceled my US election shoot as it looks like I have a 30 day ban coming and I don't see them selling a month from now. It will be my first ban in 3 yrs.

Joe

Almost, if you treat the news section with respect, but not quite. If the images for some reason cannot be accepted as news images, they will still be transferred to your normal stock queue, as far as I know.

Joe

Almost, if you treat the news section with respect, but not quite. If the images for some reason cannot be accepted as news images, they will still be transferred to your normal stock queue, as far as I know.

That is absolutely right. A lot of of my stuff is properly posted via News but I did once have a couple of images sent to stock. They related to a news story but Alamy felt they were more properly stock, we (pleasantly) agreed to disagree!

Alamy do state they may spot check, and refuse, News images if they are concerned about technical quality. So it is not a free for all.

Joe

It was my last QC fail that really got me into shooting news. Just make sure they really are news.

Archived