Personal use, can i get out ?

I have recently had a sale for personal use,  i prefer to sell to professional clients that should have a understanding of usage and copyright laws.

is it possible to get out of personal use?,  if so how do i go about it.

Thanks,

Paul

Last time we discussed this, back in May, I found the contract states that, 

11.1 Images which have any restrictions in place may be excluded from the distribution scheme at Alamy’s discretion.

Also according to the new contract, images that have been previously licensed without restrictions can be licensed again as a re-use.

http://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor.asp#Appointment-of-Alamy

If you've opted into the Distribution Scheme you may have to choose between the two.

You can restrict in MI.

Restrictions>territory worldwide, >usage personal>, add, save.

Doing it for 10419 images is going to take a while. I wonder how many you can have in the select bar?

For this quantity you may ask MS to do a bulk change for you. They have been most helpful in the past.

dov

Last time we discussed this, back in May, I found the contract states that, 

11.1 Images which have any restrictions in place may be excluded from the distribution scheme at Alamy’s discretion.

Also according to the new contract, images that have been previously licensed without restrictions can be licensed again as a re-use.

http://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor.asp#Appointment-of-Alamy

If you've opted into the Distribution Scheme you may have to choose between the two.

That would seem to be the case. If you opt out of "personal use" using restrictions, you will also be opting out of the distributor scheme.

Actually, I haven't had any personal or presentation use sales for quite some time. I'm almost starting to feel left out. B)

Thanks Folks for your input.

I am waiting for a reply from MS,  i am hoping they can do a batch restriction on all images,  if it means leaving the distributor scheme so be it,  i don't get enough distributor sales to make any financial impact anyways.

Later i will post what MS advises.

I have my archival images as no personal use.

Not sure why, I haven't had these pesky sales either, but it's a start.

Distributor sales in Germany and France tend to be quite good (well, not so good at 30%) but Eastern Europe is a bit of a bear pit.

Spacecadet;

I have my archival images as no personal use.

How did you did this,  i cannot find any area where i can mark my images for no personal use.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks Mark,  i looked at MI and for some reason thought that checking personal use would not make the restriction,  sorry for not being more aware!

Still waiting on MS to come back,  hoping they can help with a batch restriction.

Cheers.

I asked Alamy about the case in April and since then few emails sent with no help from Alamy.

Yes, they used to be helpfull in the past and good in contact but things have changed as some of us can see in last occassion.

And so last few days I contacted them again to finally find the resolution how can I opt out of the absurdally cheap personal use without beeing opted out from distribution, but looks like my Q is to complicated for them. Sorry to see what is going on as I used to love Alamy from all my heart ... and portfolio ;)

If anyone gets their help in the PU case, please let others know (here and on our group on FB) what should we do... Thank you!

At this juncture of my investment in this, particularly my time which I consider valuable since it's all I have, I would not mind any use provided that the client pays, personal included, who cares, better than not selling. :unsure:

Archived