When is it the end of the day for uploading to reflect the same upload date?

The UK is 5 hours ahead of my time zone. I assumed if I completed an upload no later than 6:59 pm my time, say, Monday, (11:59 UK time, it would show Monday's date on Alamy.

I uploaded before 6:59 on the 14th, yet date of upload appeared as 15th. .

Or....does Alamy shut down at 5pm UK time, noon my time, and anything I upload after noon rolls over date wise to the following day?

It's messing with my mind. The upload in question didn't pass until late mid-afternoon today, and I'd resigned myself to a fail, since the ones before that passed in less than 24 hours. Since I uploaded on the 14th, it felt like too much time had passed for a QC pass.

Don't you just hate that feeling? Checking every hour and saying, "Yup,yup, fail for sure". But hanging on to a thread of hope.

And don't say it. If I didn't fail occasionally, I wouldn't have to be worried. ;)

Betty

The time difference is just 4 hours right now. They have not gone on Daylight Savings yet. http://24timezones.com/world_directory/current_london_time.php

You are an hour later than me, Edo. Oklahoma, as of today, is 5 hours different than OK according to a website.

Kerala?? Is that India? Ok, yes it is. Wow, huge time difference. Evening here, dawn there, midnight in the UK.

The time difference is just 4 hours right now. They have not gone on Daylight Savings yet. http://24timezones.com/world_directory/current_london_time.php

You are an hour later than me, Edo. Oklahoma, as of today, is 5 hours different than OK according to a website.

Kerala?? Is that India? Ok, yes it is. Wow, huge time difference. Evening here, dawn there, midnight in the UK.

Oh, of course -- how could I have forgotten that, having lived in Dallas?

Europe adopted a uniform summer time date some years ago, and they used ours. Last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October.

Jolly useful map, Ed. Interesting how variable the use of summer time is around the world- none in China, only some states in Australia, and Putin has recently abolished it in Russia. But then that guy could probably get away with abolishing Tuesday if he wanted.

We went on daylight savings time last weekend. I wish the powers that be would leave it there year around.

My main question wasn't whether the date of upload mattered to Alamy, but for my own understanding of the date of upload that appears in My Alamy..

Why, if I upload on 16/03/14 it appears on My Alamy as 16/03/15. If that is determined by Kerala, India time, then I understand. Their "next day" starts many hours before my next day does.

Archived