Images for sold for 'presentation/power point'

At least they're paying and not just knocking it off the Internet.

I was a bit less impressed to see a sale today for a 'digital marketing package' for a similar amount. My average this year is $26.

Yeah, same here. :-(

The positive thing about them is that if used as licensed they do give people the opportunity to do the 'right thing' rather than take them from Google Images.

Another benefit is that they help your Alamy Rank. In time that should generate more sales across your portfolio.

Another benefit is that they help your Alamy Rank. In time that should generate more sales across your portfolio.

Except for the fact that average sale price is apparently a factor in rank.
I take your point. However how much different (i.e lower) can these sales be when compared to figures like sub $7 gross regularly mentioned for bulk newspaper sales? (I genuinely don't know the answer as I've not had one of these licenses yet). If the answer is not very then it won't skew rank that much for a contributor in the Newspaper scheme.

I haven't had any on here though I've had a few corporate web use IQ sales that include "personal screen saver use."

I have, however, licensed a few for Power Point presentations from my own website and I used Alamy's pricing which seems reasonable for the use. I've licensed images for personal blogs and invitations off my website too and I think it makes sense to price these reasonably so people feel good about doing the right thing and not stealing images that in most cases you'd never find. Image theft is a sad reality today and IMHO pricing that is reasonable enough to encourage people who are doing the right thing seems like a good idea. 

Since there seem to have been a flood of these lately, perhaps these are minor infringements Alamy has found, so has billed them at the cheapest open rate.

Jill

Mine were first time buys for both images and not available elsewhere, so I'm assuming legit sales.

Archived