What Do Zooms Tell Us?

Are zooms a prodrome of sales to come? (Okay, I'm on the outer edge of the meaning of that word. Maybe I should have said 'a hint.') 

Early on here at Alamy, I got sales and I got zooms, but one had little to do with the other, and I thought: that doesn't make sense. In the last few years, however, zooms have become more of an indicator as to future sales. I try to use All of Alamy to guess what is happening . . . but frankly, too often, I find myself lost there. 

Presently, my ranking, my placement, has been very good. I did some logical, main-term test searches last night on my most recent uploads, and in every case I had something on Page One, regardless of the number of Alamy images of the subject. So I'm not complaining here, just wondering. 

Edo

Despite a vague apprehension that I knew what it meant, I'm more of a Latinist so I had to look up 'prodrome'. In the sense of a symptom of something to come I like it. The implication that what's to come is not much to shout about. Or is it somewhere American footballers or golfers strut their stuff.

It's a perfectly cromulent word.

Signed in to do some keywording, but fascinated by this discussion and use of the language. Might have preferred augury to prodome, which seems to imply something unpleasant on the way. Cromulent a new one on me.

Re zooms, there have been a few threads on zooms to sales ratios, not done the analysis myself, but zooms are always an encouragement and are often the precursor of a sale.

What does annoy me are those larger customers who are able to buy without zooming, does nowt for the CTR, even if they do provide a few crumbs of financial comfort.

Signed in to do some keywording, but fascinated by this discussion and use of the language. Might have preferred augury to prodome, which seems to imply something unpleasant on the way. Cromulent a new one on me.

Re zooms, there have been a few threads on zooms to sales ratios, not done the analysis myself, but zooms are always an encouragement and are often the precursor of a sale.

What does annoy me are those larger customers who are able to buy without zooming, does nowt for the CTR, even if they do provide a few crumbs of financial comfort.

No no, "augury" is too mystical. "Prodrome" popped into my head because I used to get migraines (no pun intended). However, mine were common migraines without the aura or prodrome. Those are classic migraines. On the week of my fiftieth birthday I had three migraine episodes . . . and I've not had one since. 

And precursor? Oh, you must mean pre-curser, someone who curses you in advance of an event?

And what about my zoom question?

Edo

I've seen a big uptick in my zooms since reaching 3000 images. While all of them don't end up in sales, more of them do these days than did several years ago.

Although it seems there is a longer stretch of time between the zoom and sale than before. And those routine $180 sales I once got are almost a thing of the past.

Archived