So, how was November?

DACS is great - wish every country had something similar! 

I just got my first payback from Canada - $250.  Worth checking.

Thanks for the info. What is the procedure in Canada and do they allow Americans to participate? I know the Netherlands has a program too. I thought it was just them and the UK. Good to know there are more out there. 

I didn't know we had something comparable in Canada.  Where would we apply?  

I didn't know we had something comparable in Canada.  Where would we apply?  

I believe it's now called Access Copyright. I've never applied and don't know much about them.

Here's a link to their website.

Thanks for the info. What is the procedure in Canada and do they allow Americans to participate? I know the Netherlands has a program too. I thought it was just them and the UK. Good to know there are more out there. 

Only in Canada, eh?

Access Copyright is for Canadians only - sorry.

Only in Canada, eh?

Access Copyright is for Canadians only - sorry.

It seems that Access Copyright requires you to submit copies of your published work:

"Applicants must provide Access Copyright with photocopies or scans of sample(s) of their work as they appear in the print publication."

Correct? If so, this could be very challenging for stock photographers licensing their work through agencies.

John, it's not much different from DACS's requirement for some examples.  Google helps.

On the Access Copyright website it states that you cannot become an affiliate if you are affiliated with any other reproduction rights organization. Would that not include DACS?

P.S. Looks like I've successfully hijacked this thread. Sorry, I'm starting a new one.

Archived