Any Way To Delete a Submission?

This morning I uploaded a couple of images that I had just finished exporting from Lightroom. I did not realize until after I uploaded the images to Alamy that I had the Watermark box checked. Since it is the weekend these images will not go through QC until Monday, at the earliest. If there was any way to delete the submission I would. However, I do not see any way to delete a submission so I suspect there is none. Right?

I had a problem when an upload failed to finish, and I uploaded the whole batch over again, and had duplicates from the first batch.  Member services said that I would have to delete the duplicates after they were ready for key wording.  They said they could not delete submissions.  Your problem might be different as I wouldn't think watermarked images would make it through QC.  

• 5 years later...

I recently uploaded an image with the wrong title and keywording. Uploaded a corrected image in the next upload and when it had gone through QC I sent Alamy an email with the details of both images and asked them to delete the wrongly annotated image. They deleted it from their system straight away. This prevents it from hanging around for a few months.

Allan

11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I recently uploaded an image with the wrong title and keywording. Uploaded a corrected image in the next upload and when it had gone through QC I sent Alamy an email with the details of both images and asked them to delete the wrongly annotated image. They deleted it from their system straight away. This prevents it from hanging around for a few months.

Allan

It would have been easier to just delete the wrong information and input the new.  It’s easy enough to do in image manager.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

It would have been easier to just delete the wrong information and input the new.  It’s easy enough to do in image manager.

That would have meant the image lying on Alamy's system for 6 months whereas it was obliterated by following day.

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

That would have meant the image lying on Alamy's system for 6 months whereas it was obliterated by following day.

Allan

No, friend. You upload an image with wrong keywords and caption. The image passes and is in Image Manager. In Image Manager, you delete the caption and keywords and put the right words in. So very easy to do. Done. No uploading the same image again. No contacting Alamy to request deletion of the first.  Instead, you fix the original image’s annotations in a few minutes, no need to do anything else. Those captions and tags are never written in stone.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

No, friend. You upload an image with wrong keywords and caption. The image passes and is in Image Manager. In Image Manager, you delete the caption and keywords and put the right words in. So very easy to do. Done. No uploading the same image again. No contacting Alamy to request deletion of the first.  Instead, you fix the original image’s annotations in a few minutes, no need to do anything else. Those captions and tags are never written in stone.

No, friend. The image was also uploaded with the wrong reference which cannot be altered in AIM.

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

No, friend. The image was also uploaded with the wrong reference which cannot be altered in AIM.

Allan

Ok. I can see that. You didn’t mention reference. You said “title” which I assumed to mean caption. You know what assumptions get you! :P

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Just being curious. The wrong reference? If it wasn’t in the caption or tags, which reference do you mean? The Alamy generated image ref? The Alamy generated submission ref (which incidentally can be altered on a submission by submission basis). Maybe you mean reference number in your jpg filename? (which can’t be edited, but also can’t be seen by customers).

Mark

15 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Just being curious. The wrong reference? If it wasn’t in the caption or tags, which reference do you mean? The Alamy generated image ref? The Alamy generated submission ref (which incidentally can be altered on a submission by submission basis). Maybe you mean reference number in your jpg filename? (which can’t be edited, but also can’t be seen by customers).

Mark

Hi Mark, It was my image reference that was wrong. Once Alamy has that reference it can't be altered other than by resubmitting with the correct reference. Because that ref. was wrong the keywording and caption were wrong too.

Allan