Fellow Contributors,

I had a license in early August that has yet to clear.  My several inquiries to member services has only generated responses such as "we're still chasing" and the like.  Is this 7 month time frame unusual?  Any other recommendations of steps to take or other channels to get a more detailed response would be appreciated.  

Just curious, but how much more detailed than "we're still chasing" did you have in mind?

Seven months is not unheard of; imo it's not the "standard", but it certainly does sometimes happen.

dd

I had a 'sale' refunded in December 2014 which dated from April 2009 - I believe the company went bust so I assume alamy couldn't clear it up until the administrators had gone through all the legal processes.

I have one currently uncleared since June 2012 - I don't expect to see anything from that one either.

I wouldn't worry about it - alamy DO chase them (obviously they want their money as well) and you will either get paid or the 'sale' refunded eventually.  Just carry on taking more photos and forget about it.

I've got one sale from June 2012 and another from January 2013, both around $40 unpaid, and another of $6.33 waiting to be cleared for about 5 months.

What I cannot understand is why sales with values equal or close to micro aren't immediately cleared. How can a company justify being unable to pay for $6 immediately? Or even 40$?

Just had one from August clear this morning.

What I cannot understand is why sales with values equal or close to micro aren't immediately cleared. How can a company justify being unable to pay for $6 immediately? Or even 40$?

They're account sales. They use images straight away and report later.

Years ago in a previous life, I used to contract to a huge global Mexican based cement/construction materials supplier.

The payment delays were getting ridiculous. In my corner of the UK regional management (who wanted to pay us) were getting annoyed at the higher levels of authority (who were responsible for the delays), simply because myself and many others withdrew our services/labour, and often worked instead for rival quarry groups.

They had to pull their finger out and sort the financial problems out. No good having a business if you can't get your products manufactured and sent to market.

When piles of late invoices were paid up, and a yes for more work was accepted, it was a fine opportunity to whack your rates UP !

Can't see this happening in the stock photo industry tho.

Archived