Love our cover image today..

NYCat

So glad you pointed that out, Paulette. Michael's overhead view of Waikiki beach certainly looks familiar from our monthly challenges, and looks great on Alamy home page!

A2JH6G © Michael Ventura / Alamy

I thought it looked familiar -- and it is. Congratulations, Michael Ventura. Didn't you win the Challenge with that one?

Paulette

Thanks you, nice Forum Friends!!  Yes that is the same one!  It was a surprise to me.  Alamy sent an email this morning, a nice way to wake up.  I have only had one sale of the image and it has been on Alamy for ten years now.

Maybe more sales will come now, who knows?  But thanks for the kind words, made my day!!

Michael

Congrats Michael! Great shot!

Drone? Secret red S on your chest? ;-)

wim

Drone? Over Waikiki? Ten years ago? Rooftop bar more likely, wim. Also, I found that most big hotels will let you use a high room with a view to shoot for an hour if you tell them you're a pro and just ask management. Good on U, Michael.  :)

No drone...want one tho! Edo is very close.  I had an "in" at the Waikiki Hilton and asked for a high room with a great view of Diamond Head (with balcony).  I was thinking more of a wide shot, which I did do, but when I looked straight down, I got my prime 200mm out and shot this photo. This is pre-digital, shot on Velvia.  Speaking of big hotels, I when down to the halekulani Hotel, just down the beach, and they have this very cool pool with a mosaic tile orchid in the bottom of their pool, I asked about taking photos from a high room, of the pool and beach and they agreed, but only to a wide shot.  They even sent someone along with me to look through my camera to make sure I only shot wide views.   The reason was simple, not all their guest are with people they should be with, they said. Just guarding their guests' privacy.

Archived