Processing Stockimo images on your phone or iPad?

To those of you doing Stokimo submissions,are you post processing on your iphones or using your iPads?

I just bought a new iPad mini 64GB but have not bought a new phone yet.I may wait until spring as a buzz is iPhone 6S could be released later on.

If you use the iPad mini,what type of connector are you using to get the images on it?

What are your fave APPS for RAW? Lightroom?  I have 280 APPS on my older iPhone and I can't even remember what many of them are!

Anyone shooting on your DSLR's and post processing fun Stockimo style on your iPad? Is that allowed? I uploaded RAW  images to my iPad 2 from my Canon cameras and played with them with the APPS. More fun than Photoshop.

L

Shoot with iphone 5s but often post-process and upload to Stockimo on iPad because of bigger screen. Generally use Camera+ to capture, and Snapseed and VSCOcam to post process, sometimes Mextures. VSCOcam allows photos to be synced across devices which makes things easier for shooting / editing / uploading across devices. DSLR images aren't allowed

I use an iPhone 6, process (usually) on the phone. I usually upload within an hour or two of taking the photo. If I do wait until I get home, I'll use an iPad for the bigger screen.

In fact, my iPad is my main computer these days. I only use a 'proper' computer for photography, really, or if I need to print something. That in itself is very rare these days.

You can shoot on any phone, but it has to be a phone, and then process on your ipad. I don't even know if the processing has to be on a phone or ipad, you can probably do that in ps if you want, but they are looking for the "phone" look, so using a phone or tablet app is probably best. 

I have considered getting an old iphone (as long as it will run Stockimo), but taking the pictures with my Z10 and uploading them with the iphone.

Can usually find an iphone 4 for about $100 - $150 and my hubby needs a cell, so it could be his.

Jill

Whatever I shoot on the iphone shows up on my iPad. That's where I process, because it's nicer to have a bigger screen.

Funny thing, though, I think the images get downsized from phone to iPad, because I have some rejections for size on images I haven't cropped.

What's up with that, says this non-technical gal.

I use Snapseed and Mextures. But if I want some especially cool effects I process them in Topaz on my iMac then email them to the iPad.

Betty

Occasionally I'll process iPhone images on my original iPad. Other times I just transfer them to the computer, either using Lightroom (via USB) or by email to avoid downsizing. I also have an app that allows me to transfer files to any iDevice or computer on the same wireless network.

I've processed a few Nikon .NEF files on my iPad (not for Stockimo) using the Apple Camera Connection Kit  that allows you to insert a CompactFlash or SD card. The original iPad seems to limit the export size to 7.5 mb or smaller. I've read that newer iPads will export larger photos.

Linda, I don't have an iPhone so I use an iPad Mini to process images taken with my Samsung phone.  I use Dropbox to transfer files between the phone, the iPad and my desktop so I don't use a connector.  I use Photoshop, Snapseed and Phototoaster apps to process the images but I'm on the lookout for more apps to create new effects. Lightroom looks interesting for managing the images but so far I haven't used it.  Alamy has stated that they will remove any non-phone images uploaded to Stockimo so I've avoided playing around with DSLR images on the iPad.  

Occasionally I'll process iPhone images on my original iPad. Other times I just transfer them to the computer, either using Lightroom (via USB) or by email to avoid downsizing. I also have an app that allows me to transfer files to any iDevice or computer on the same wireless network.

I've processed a few Nikon .NEF files on my iPad (not for Stockimo) using the Apple Camera Connection Kit  that allows you to insert a CompactFlash or SD card. The original iPad seems to limit the export size to 7.5 mb or smaller. I've read that newer iPads will export larger photos.

My iPad is relatively new, bought the latest about 5 months ago. A newer model came out shortly thereafter. It still must downsize them.

My iPad is relatively new, bought the latest about 5 months ago. A newer model came out shortly thereafter. It still must downsize them.

I know that iTunes downsizes iPad photos when you sync your photos to your computer. The version of FilterStorm that I use says that exports are limited to 7.5mb, but that's a jpg so it's large enough for most images from my D300.

Some time back I purchased a filtering app that claimed to uprez images but I discovered that wasn't true. After I complained to the developer and the iTunes store they changed the description and gave me a credit.

Hmm, dont know what happened here - typing on ipad and clicked the quote button, amd typed a response to something earlier, but when posted whole thing was blank. Has happened before when try and include a quote. Anyway, i was just responding to the comment about low res images being sent to ipad, but think others have already answered that now

Not sure I totally agree with you Kerin . . . then again . . .

dd

I shoot using ProCamera rather than the native camera app on my iPhone 5S as it allows more functionality and you can chose whether you save them as TIFF or jpeg. I then use Snapseed usually on my iPad to edit and upload.  Whichever format you seem to save with from ProCamera if you manipulate in SnapSeed then it saves out as jpeg in smaller files though.

I shoot using ProCamera rather than the native camera app on my iPhone 5S as it allows more functionality and you can chose whether you save them as TIFF or jpeg. I then use Snapseed usually on my iPad to edit and upload.  Whichever format you seem to save with from ProCamera if you manipulate in SnapSeed then it saves out as jpeg in smaller files though.

Adrian, thanks for the tip. I bought ProCamera after reading your post. All I've done with it is shoot a couple of pictures, but I can see the quality has gone up a couple of notches. Now if I can figure out the "functionality" of which you speak.....:)

Adrian, thanks for the tip. I bought ProCamera after reading your post. All I've done with it is shoot a couple of pictures, but I can see the quality has gone up a couple of notches. Now if I can figure out the "functionality" of which you speak..... :)

Excellent Betty, glad you're getting to grips with ProCamera.  Much of the additional functionality that I use is just the ability to adjust the shutter, speed, aperture, etc.. and the ability to expose and focus on different places in the shot.  Some of the fun of the Stockimo vs. traditional is seeing what new apps can add to the end result.  Ultimately it's a smart move by Alamy as as people become more and more used to producing instagram'd/filtered images the market will likely grow, and I even sold my first Stockimo image this week which was a bonus!

Archived