December payment late?

Mine is paid in sterling by fund transfer to a UK account and came in on the 7th. Overseas may take a little longer?

International payments through PayPal usually take up to seven working days. Just checked my inbox, and I received the "Alamy has paid you" e-mail on Jan. 2nd, so I guess today is only day #7. No need to panic yet.

John and all,

I have always received payment from Alamy via wire transfer or ACH to my U.S. bank and it normally takes two days.

This January it was credited to my bank account on 1/7/15, a couple of days later than it normally would during the

rest of the year .  I do not use PayPal, I like PayPal for many things but I don't see any reason to involve another

party in a simple transaction. 

I will also say that in my over 30 years of being in the agency business, Alamy is the only agency I've done business

with that I have never had to call or email asking where my money is.

Chuck

John and all,

I have always received payment from Alamy via wire transfer or ACH to my U.S. bank and it normally takes two days.

This January it was credited to my bank account on 1/7/15, a couple of days later than it normally would during the

rest of the year .  I do not use PayPal, I like PayPal for many things but I don't see any reason to involve another

I will also say that in my over 30 years of being in the agency business, Alamy is the only agency I've done business

Chuck

I would prefer to go the wire transfer route, but my uber-rich Canadian bank charges USD $15 for each incoming international transfer. Hence the PayPal option.

I concur, Alamy is the most reliable agency that I've ever dealt with when it comes to payment.

John and all,

Chuck

I would prefer to go the wire transfer route, but my uber-rich Canadian bank charges USD $15 for each incoming international transfer. Hence the PayPal option.

I concur, Alamy is the most reliable agency that I've ever dealt with when it comes to payment.

I don't know why, and I'm not complaining, but my bank normally charges $15 for wire transfers as well but NOT when I receive payment from Alamy.  

John and all,

Chuck

I don't know why, and I'm not complaining, but my bank normally charges $15 for wire transfers as well but NOT when I receive payment from Alamy.  

Interesting to hear that. Are you based in Canada? Or Australia perhaps?

Payment arrived in my PP account today, so just a wee bit later than usual. 

A question for Canadian contributors using the wire-transfer method -- Is Alamy now covering banking fees?

I used to use wire transfer, which I prefer to PayPal, when Alamy's monthly payout threshold was $250, but I switched to PP after it was lowered to $75 because I didn't want to continue paying the $15 banking fee (charged by most Canadian banks for international transfers, I believe) on smaller payouts.

John and all,

Chuck

John,

I'm in the US.  When I receive money from Alamy, the transaction type is "Deposit" and wire transfers always say "Credit".  This is how it shows up

Type:            Deposit

Description: ALAMY INC DES:CREDITS ID:****************** 

INDN:****** CO ID:XXXXX21136 PPD

When I receive wire transfer the description looks like this:

Type:              Credit

Description:   WIRE TYPE:WIRE IN DATE: 141211 TIME:1020 ET TRN:************************ SEQ:345446871/333898 

ORIG:******************* ID:************** SND BK:************** ID:0108 PMT DET:************

INFO: ROUTING NUMBER: **********

John and all,

Chuck

John,

I'm in the US.  When I receive money from Alamy, the transaction type is "Deposit" and wire transfers always say "Credit".  This is how it shows up

Description:   WIRE TYPE:WIRE IN DATE: 141211 TIME:1020 ET TRN:************************ SEQ:345446871/333898 

ORIG:******************* ID:************** SND BK:************** ID:0108 PMT DET:************

Thanks very much for the info. Unfortunately, international direct deposit isn't available here in Canada for some reason. Everything has to be done by wire transfer, even from the US. It's a bit aggravating, but I'm sure Canadian banks like this situation because they can charge transfer fees.

P.S. Come to think of it, your deposit is probably made domestically since Alamy has an office in New York. Guess I'll have to wait until the Vancouver office opens. B)

John and all,

Chuck

John,

Thanks very much for the info. Unfortunately, international direct deposit isn't available here in Canada for some reason. Everything has to be done by wire transfer, even from the US. It's a bit aggravating, but I'm sure Canadian banks like this situation because they can charge transfer fees.

P.S. Come to think of it, your deposit is probably made domestically since Alamy has an office in New York. Guess I'll have to wait until the Vancouver office opens. B)

You might be right John, about the money coming from the US office.  It might be a long wait for the Vancouver office to open but maybe one day...

Archived