Christmas / Hanukkah images

John Mitchell

Looking through what the papers are using, Christmas dinner shots with all of the family present, person carrying turkey etc appear to sell. I don't have any, and with the family flown the nest, unlikely to be able to oblige!

I've sold a few snow scene images, vaguely related to Xmas.

But a search of All of Alamy for the last 12 months under %xmas etc should reveal what you want to know.

Looking through what the papers are using, Christmas dinner shots with all of the family present, person carrying turkey etc appear to sell. I don't have any, and with the family flown the nest, unlikely to be able to oblige!

I've sold a few snow scene images, vaguely related to Xmas.

But a search of All of Alamy for the last 12 months under %xmas etc should reveal what you want to know.

I guess snow scenes and holiday fare are perennial favourites. Unfortunately, I don't have any snow or turkey (don't even eat it) scenes on Alamy. Vancouver is better for "rain-scapes" at this time of year. I wonder how well non-cliché Xmas images do.

John:

Here's a basic rule of thumb for you. Every time you ask if a whole category of images sells or not, the answer will be yes, 100% of the time. Maybe it won't do well in one country or another, but in general, there isn't a category out there that doesn't have a market somewhere.

John:

Here's a basic rule of thumb for you. Every time you ask if a whole category of images sells or not, the answer will be yes, 100% of the time. Maybe it won't do well in one country or another, but in general, there isn't a category out there that doesn't have a market somewhere.

Well, yes, of course, by Jove, I do realize that.

However, I thought it might be interesting and timely to see and/or hear about specific examples of what forum members have managed to sell in this category. Given the competition, though, reticence to share trade secrets is expected and understood.

Have just returned from a surfeit of Christmas. Cologne, Rudisheim, Heidelberg, Strasbourg, Colmar etc. etc. all stuffed with Christmas markets. (No snow this year though). I was too busy with lecturing, exhibition, masterclasses and promoting my existing work to bother with thinking about stock, especially as it only takes a handful of prints sales to make more for me than most make from stock in a year. 

At least over there Christmas starts in December and not in August as here. I was offered a mince pie in a major store here in August. 

At least over there Christmas starts in December and not in August as here. I was offered a mince pie in a major store here in August. 

Tell me about it! My wife (GRHS) and I had a convenience store for a while a few years back and the cash and carry warehouses had Christmas stock on their shelves beginning of June. Really made Christmas an anti-climax. Bring back the good old days when the Christmas tree was not put up and decorated until a day or two before.

Allan

Tell me about it! My wife (GRHS) and I had a convenience store for a while a few years back and the cash and carry warehouses had Christmas stock on their shelves beginning of June. Really made Christmas an anti-climax. Bring back the good old days when the Christmas tree was not put up and decorated until a day or two before.

Allan

It might be a pain with Christmas being promoted too soon but….it does provide sales opportunities…this was licensed two years ago !!

young-female-wearing-summer-clothes-on-h

Allan

The supermarkets will be taking stock of Easter eggs on Christmas Eve. I know, I've delivered them. Christmas is over for them (apart from counting the £$£$).

Allan

The supermarkets will be taking stock of Easter eggs on Christmas Eve. I know, I've delivered them. Christmas is over for them (apart from counting the £$£$).

Yeh! That used to be a pain as well.

Allan

Archived