First 4 test images failed QC - 3 with reasons

Hiya

I'm a newbie here.  I have uploaded the 4 test images, all have failed QC - the first 3 had reasons given.  Does that mean they haven't bothered to look at the 4th image because the others failed, or can I resubmit the 4the one as a "passed" image?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks

It may well be OK but still check it closely at 100% especially with respect to the other failure reasons and for all the other failure modes in the contributor guidance. Might be worth making yourself a checklist especially at the start: dust, SoLD, noise, ... Use it with each image until it is second nature.

Hiya

I'm a newbie here.  I have uploaded the 4 test images, all have failed QC - the first 3 had reasons given.  Does that mean they haven't bothered to look at the 4th image because the others failed, or can I resubmit the 4the one as a "passed" image?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks

Being a bit new to this myself, may I ask what you failed on?  Just curious as 3 fails out of 4 seems to point to there being areas that you have to be careful about.  Waiting with baited breath over current pending batch!

Hi, sorry i'm a bit late in replying.  The first 2 failed on Interpolation artifacts, and the third on soft or lacking definition.  I am currently getting some more images together, and understand I can resubmit the 4th image that passed QC.  I hope you can breathe now!

Hi, sorry i'm a bit late in replying.  The first 2 failed on Interpolation artifacts, and the third on soft or lacking definition.  I am currently getting some more images together, and understand I can resubmit the 4th image that passed QC.  I hope you can breathe now!

Thanks... interesting to know.  Not entirely sure how you end up with interpolation artifacts though... increasing image size? 

I've not had a fail yet (touching wood... twice) and am breathing again... for the moment. The sensor had a lump of something nasty on it and the lens got very dusty.  The big question I suppose is whether anyone will every want black and white photographs of an air show... in Malta... (50mm lens, no zoom... etc.)?

Patrulla-guila-at-the-Malta-Internationa

I was disappointed to hear that news will only take colour.

Thank you all - and I think the interpolation error must have been from resizing.

Hmm... that sounds a little worrying. Alamy's minimum size requirement is so small these days that I'm wondering what camera you are using that needs resizing.

Alan

Thank you all - and I think the interpolation error must have been from resizing.

Hmm... that sounds a little worrying. Alamy's minimum size requirement is so small these days that I'm wondering what camera you are using that needs resizing.

Alan

My thoughts exactly. Nobody should be interpolating now unless an image has been seriously cropped.

Pearl

Alan

My thoughts exactly. Nobody shoul be interpolating now unless an image has been seriously cropped.

Pearl

Doesn't the term "interpolation" also refer to downsizing? Plenty of contributors do that.

In 2012, I had an un-interpolated (i.e. full size) image fail for "interpolation artifacts." Member services tried to help me, but I never did find those ghostly artifacts. Hasn't happened again, thankfully.

Same happened to me on my trial submission - never did find the interpolation artifact. Reverted to exporting as jpeg from raw in Aperture [after a little post ] and no problems since [at least with that fault.] I did not crop, downsize or upsize and the image was taken in excellent light.

I had done some downsizing and I think that was probably the main problem.  I will try again.

I've never had QC issues with downsized images, and I don't remember anyone ever reporting any on this forum. Make sure to use the "Bicubic Sharper" setting if you downsize.

Archived