deliberately blurred images

I have a number of images which use blurring to focus on a single moving object. Often vehicles or cycles.  I have seen lots of this type of stock images in newspapers, and a couple on alamy  - trees in this case, very nice from a forum member.  

Will these be failed on upload? I don't want to risk a fail for deliberate use of motion.

If the blurring is obviously intended and it is not just a bit soft especially if there is something sharp in the image thern it does not seem to be a problem. I have several recent uploads of clearly blurred people walking by a shop or building that is sharp.

I also had a completely and dramatically blurred image the start of a marathon not rejected in a recent news upload. May not be a formal QC process but they are reviewed - the news team often change headline image and take a view of which they will send out. That said I would probably have not uploaded it through the usual QC route but I felt it made sense in the context of the  other images in the set.

Hi,

QC know the difference between deliberate motion blur and camera shake, and the use of deliberate camera shake/motion to achieve an effect. The shots below had deliberate camera motion combined with slow shutter speed:

moving camera up and down with slow shutter speed.

Aylesbury_Market_Square_England-CMY7AD.j

Twisting camera around the point of focus resulting in this tunnel vision look.

Woodland_scene_using_Impressionistic_pho

and a pan of cyclist with slow shutter speed.

Cycling_in_Cambridge-CMPY7T.jpg

So I woudn't worry about uploading if the motion is obvious. Good luck.

Parm

Just make sure it is very obviously blurred. In photography, "a little bit" will always look like a flaw. If necessary, overdo it with Photoshop (filter > blur > motion blur).

Cheers,

Philippe

I'm regretting uploading an image at the weekend that had motion blur: I think it has probably failed.

I wish I had taken Phillippe's advice!

Archived