How did these brackets get in my keywords?

I have never bracketed any of my keywords, yet today I just happen to call up a pic from my list of views this morning of the CN Tower and noticed this in my main keywords:

"deck landmark tourist attraction toronto edgewalk [edge walk] sunny outdoor blue sky communications tower"

I didn't put them there. Either my mind is going or my brain is doing stuff I'm not aware of.

Jill

On a few of my images the keywords are separated by commas I didn't put there. Might not affect a search, but I will edit them and see if they will appear as I intended. The words "Stock Photo" are added ahead of my caption, which is fine. Maybe a software action is throwing in the commas, as well as those words.

On a few of my images the keywords are separated by commas I didn't put there. Might not affect a search, but I will edit them and see if they will appear as I intended. The words "Stock Photo" are added ahead of my caption, which is fine. Maybe a software action is throwing in the commas, as well as those words.

Kevin, commas are added by Alamy after you keyword, as is the "Stock Photo" phrase. So you should see commas appearing in the keywords of all your images, even though you didn't put them there.

dd

dd,

I separate keywords with commas after upload, in Manage Images, because Alamy takes them out upon upload. I often use two word place names and don't put a comma in between. It's these phrases that I would like to appear correct. On most of mine they are, so I'll try and fix the few that are wrong.

dd,

I separate keywords with commas after upload, in Manage Images, because Alamy takes them out upon upload. I often use two word place names and don't put a comma in between. It's these phrases that I would like to appear correct. On most of mine they are, so I'll try and fix the few that are wrong.

Unfortunately that won't work. As Mr Dingo says, commas are affected AFTER you keyword (or they were - the whole system seems to be in a bit of a mess right now; see the topic "Using quotes when keywording").

The correct way to deal with two-word place names is to enclose the name in quotes... but that isn't working properly either - again, see the above-mentioned topic. Inserting (or not inserting) your own commas will make absolutely no difference to the keywords that are acted upon when searched.

Alan

Kevin, commas are added by Alamy after you keyword, as is the "Stock Photo" phrase. So you should see commas appearing in the keywords of all your images, even though you didn't put them there.

dd

Really?

I dont think so..

they are appearing on *some* but not all...

I just posted a suggestion to Alamy that they should add a colon after "Stock Photo," since it is not part of our captions. 

Kevin, you do not need to add those commas in Manage Images -- it just uses up space for no purpose. We should be using "" now around phrases and proper names like "Castle Sant'Angelo" otherwise the words will be separated and listed alphabetically. 

Alamy have made some changes recently and we all have to come to grips with that.

Snapper is right; I have commas on some images and not on others. To me, this looks like a bug in the system.

The whole thing has no consequences: it's just cosmetics.

But it is doing weird stuff to keywords.

Look at these (AMTM5T, not my image):

The alphabetical display is like this:

Astoria Bridge, automobile, bridge, building, built structures, cities, city, clear sky, color, colour, connectivity, day, daylight, daytime, exterior, famous place, girders, Highway 101, horizontal, image, mode of transport, modern, mountain, no people, nobody, North America, Oregon Coast, Oregon USA connection, outdoors, outside, photography, road, sky, strength balance vast journey, suspension bridge, transportation, travel, vastness, vehicle, water, wide

Oregon USA connection? Hmm maybe it's my English (lack thereof).

But then: strength balance vast journey?

Here are the original keywords:

bridge / sky / girders / transportation / city / water / "Astoria / Bridge" / "Highway / 101" / Oregon / USA / connection / "clear / sky" / strength / balance / vast / journey / "famous / place" / travel / "suspension / bridge" / [built / structures] / "no / people" / modern / "North / America" / "Oregon / Coast" / cities / connectivity / vastness / outdoors / outside / exterior / day / daylight / daytime / horizontal / photography / vehicle / automobile / "mode / of / transport" / nobody / building / road / wide / mountain / / [colour / image]

Oops it's taking the wrong quotation marks.

wim

dd

Really?

I dont think so..

they are appearing on *some* but not all...

What, you don't think that they "should", as I wrote?

And it may indeed not be all (even if it should be), but I've yet to find one without commas separating its keywords. YRMV.

dd

Oops it's taking the wrong quotation marks.

Oh dear! Well spotted, Wim, that's exactly what it's doing. Or to be precise, it's taking both beginning and end quote marks as the start of a new phrase.

That's an absoute howler from a (presumably) professional developer. I can't believe this wasn't tested before it went live.

Alan

Archived